weir performace - Page 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: weir performace

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supra_toy View Post
    I ordered the Maxgrip and solid spacer a while back, (still sitting on my tool box..lol) don't remember ever actually contacting him though...
    but I did get my parts
    supra_toy, are you looking to sell your maxgrip kit? if so let me know

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member revvhappy's Avatar
    If you want a very experienced diff rebuilder check out this website: http://www.gearinstalls.com/

Lots of Toyota rebuilds with step-by-step photos.

Not to jack this thread, but I hope to visit Weir Perf in the next week or so. I plan to pick up a few solid pinion spacer kits for my backup parts, might buy a few extra so members can get one from me if needed. I could ask about the max grip rebuild kits for the LSD too if anyone wants, or buy one if he has it ready and I get payment up front. Not trying to make money on this, but figure cost of part, bit for my gas (over 1 hr drive each way), sales tax, and my shipping to you. Figure $5 gas, max $15 shipping, 10% sales tax.

Anyway, if I can help anyone out, will try. I don't make the drive to his shop very often, and he is pretty busy so it take some arrangements. He is a good guy, just extremely busy. Can't man the phone and computer like a Summit Racing.

Don

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Don I'd take you up on the offer for the spacer. I can pick it up from you in person if it's easier for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMk2 View Post
    Don I'd take you up on the offer for the spacer. I can pick it up from you in person if it's easier for you.
    No problem Aaron. I'll definitely get an extra kit for you. If you are still driving from Santa Clara to Stockton (IIRC) or thereabouts, I am just off of either 880 or 680, south mission blvd exit off 680. We can figure it out.

Don

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Don L. View Post
    Not to jack this thread, but I hope to visit Weir Perf in the next week or so. I plan to pick up a few solid pinion spacer kits for my backup parts, might buy a few extra so members can get one from me if needed. I could ask about the max grip rebuild kits for the LSD too if anyone wants, or buy one if he has it ready and I get payment up front. Not trying to make money on this, but figure cost of part, bit for my gas (over 1 hr drive each way), sales tax, and my shipping to you. Figure $5 gas, max $15 shipping, 10% sales tax.

Anyway, if I can help anyone out, will try. I don't make the drive to his shop very often, and he is pretty busy so it take some arrangements. He is a good guy, just extremely busy. Can't man the phone and computer like a Summit Racing.

Don
    Don, thats a good offer. ill take you up on a maxgrip kit. I already have the spacer but just need the maxgrip. please let me know.
    thank you

Quote Originally Posted by trexse View Post
    Don, thats a good offer. ill take you up on a maxgrip kit. I already have the spacer but just need the maxgrip. please let me know.
    thank you
    @trexse, I have a message to Weir, to verify if the Maxgrip kit is available for pickup when I go to his shop. As soon as I can confirm availability, will let you know for payment amount. Medium size Priority Mail box should work for this stuff.

Happy to help members out, but I must mention that I am just 3rd party in the process, I can't advise or warranty any of the products. Know what you are doing or try to contact Weir for info. Me, just a transport mechanism.

Ok, that's my disclaimer!

Don

Got an answear from them on i bought one solid spacer kit
    Just need to be patient with weir..1 mounth
    FUN IS NOT ON STRAIGHT
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Got an answear from them on i bought one solid spacer kit
    Just need to be patient with weir..1 mounth
    Yes, a bit slow in response at times, but he is the only shop I trust with my rear differentials, and his integrity and quality have always impressed me. Doing non-standard stuff like I have, it is hard to find a shop or individual that really understands the mechanical and tuning aspects of the hardware. I really wish Weir were closer to my home. My bank account would really suffer though!

Don

Having Weir redo my 1jz diff correctly was a blessing. He is a standup, honest guy and it was worth sending my diff across the country just to be sure it was done correctly for a change!
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

Thread Information