1jz vvti question

1jz vvti question

I have a JZX110 engine, and it appears to be missing the fitting for the heater core hose. I know one comes off of the pipe that wraps around the back of the block, and the other is on the back of the head, next to the intake manifold.

I am missing the pipe that comes out of the back of the head. From what I understand, this is a pressed-in pipe, correct?
    It also looks like the 2jz's do not have this style bung, but the non-vvti 1jz does.

Can anyone that has this engine confirm or deny my speculation? Also if anyone has any ideas on where to source this short pipe or can find a part number, I would love to hear. ToyoDIY didnt help me much, and I suspect this piece is only available as part of the whole cylinder head sub-assembly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

The 1JZ the outlet is on the left side of the head. The 2JZ the outlet is on the top rear of the head like the M series motor.

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    If it was a pressed in nipple, you may have to drill and tap it for a hose barb fitting. I would try a o-ring type metric fitting as apposed to NPT so there is no risk of cracking the head when tightening it down. They are more expensive than an npt fitting, but way less than a replacement head.
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    Is the pressed in pipe missing and there is just a hole in the back of the head going to the water jacket? You could just drill and tap the hole, then use a fitting to adapt to a hose barb as needed.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, torrid red, black/grey leather
    Built 7MGTE (JE's, ARP studs, MHG), BOSS STG4 60mm, AEM standalone, R154, 2 1/2" IC and 3" turbo back - the works
    Coilovers, ROH wheels, 4 corner BBK, Konis, ADDCO bars, PST bushings etc. etc.

Thread Information