SAM_2757 by neil walker, on Flickr

SAM_2762 by neil walker, on Flickr

SAM_2766 by neil walker, on Flickr

SAM_2763 by neil walker, on Flickr

SAM_2765 by neil walker, on Flickr

thumbnail_DSC_1412 by neil walker, on Flickr

thumbnail_DSC_1415 (1) by neil walker, on Flickr

Prototype to show from the inside view ^
    Based in the UK, but can gather the required parts together and ship out. Comment or message me any questions
    Last edited by killbill oddy; 03-18-2017 at 06:17 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Nice job.

If you can't find direct bolt on calipers to the stock struts then all caliper adapter brackets should be like yours, ones that utilize a radial mounted caliper.

CelicaSupra.com Member killbill oddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rsdeo View Post
    Nice job.

If you can't find direct bolt on calipers to the stock struts then all caliper adapter brackets should be like yours, ones that utilize a radial mounted caliper.
    Thanks, and yeah. Radial is the future! so much easier to adapt to older cars. I did run a Mazda rx7 FD set up before, but came up with this brake set up for a friend.
    The great thing about these brackets is the ability to switch to different disc sizes by running spacer washers,
    (between caliper mounting and bracket) so if you do find a comparable height disc, then you can go bigger without having to get new calipers. Also running these brembos on my BMW e36 with m3 discs & they are very good.
    Last edited by killbill oddy; 02-14-2017 at 01:24 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Working on a few variations of this set up now to include 15" wheels

CelicaSupra.com Member solid693's Avatar
    Will this work on all radial brembos? And would you make brackets to work on the 350z track rotor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 MKIISupra parts car, 1986 MKIISupra daily driver

I'm not sure about the 350z track rotor. Would need dimensions as the tolerances are tight with relation to both caliper and disc mounting. Radial brembos have similar mounting hole sizes, but slightly different offsets. Porsche boxster are 130mm like the Renault brembo i have used. Not mega keen to make lots of one off brackets as it's very time consuming to get right, as well as the initial outlay of buying discs and hoping someone is going to buy them after. I am in the UK remember! hehe

CelicaSupra.com Member solid693's Avatar
    We get different cars "across the pond" lol I was just thinking about vehicles that are more common to us. Here's the disc too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1984 MKIISupra parts car, 1986 MKIISupra daily driver

Jeez, they would be some bloody big wheels to fit those discs man! The disc is really tall too (49.1mm) so would have to go over the hub instead of behind. That in itself creates huge problems concerning caliper clearance in relation to the wheels inside spoke face.
    An option for massive brakes for 18"( at least!) Wheels would be for an Audi TT 1.8 Quattro Turbo front disc
    334 mm diameter, 35 mm tall and 32 mm wide.

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/chea...scs/d1153.html

It would be a tight fit when running RCA's, and might require a bit of grinding of the lower control arm lip to gain clearance.

The main problem we have is caused by fitting RCA's. When you do that, the arm Lower control arm drops lower, and that in turn takes it outside the recess inside the centre of the disc. The car does benefit from having as tall RCA's as possible to get rid of bump steer so i have to include that when i make choices on discs as the tallest disc you can fit inboard is about 34mm. Any more and the lip of the lower control arm will rub against the inside disc face. Without RCA's, or Lower control arms with Rose joints you can get a taller disc on. I can send out A few sets of Discs to keep you supplied for the next millennium though!
    Last edited by killbill oddy; 03-19-2017 at 02:36 PM.

350Z Brembo calipers are the same as on the G35 and some Skylines. They are direct bolt on to our struts without brackets.

Read through here.

Quote Originally Posted by rsdeo View Post
    350Z Brembo calipers are the same as on the G35 and some Skylines. They are direct bolt on to our struts without brackets.

Read through here.
    Ahh dude, i can't be arsed to go through 50 pages of stuff!
    These brackets i made are probably more suited to the European Supra owners i guess. This is just another way to have a cheap brake upgrade using readily available parts. With those 350z Brembo calipers i guess you are limited to using only 1 specific brake disc - given the offset of the caliper?

The great thing about radial mount is the choices of adaption. Providing i get a similar height brake disc i could go up in diameter.
    For example, going from a 305 mm od brake disc, to say that Audi 334mm I mentioned earlier. By fitting a 14.5mm spacer shim between the bracket and caliper. With the brackets, you also are able to flip them to run on the inside of the mount which further increases disc options. The brackets are also blanks, so if required i can move the position of the caliper holes in or out for taller height discs if required.
    Last edited by killbill oddy; 03-20-2017 at 02:29 PM.

Thread Information