Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

82 Supra parts interchangeable with 83-86 Supras?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bennybigb 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I have the opportunity to buy a 1982 Supra PType 5 speed car as a cheap toy. The body is not very good, but it's said to run/drive well, I'm wondering if pretty much must of the parts on the 82 could be used on the 83-86 models. I know the engine management system is not yet the same on the 82. I don't need the car, but if I could justify buying it as an eventual parts car I would be more inclined to pull the trigger on it. Thanks.

#2 ·
The 82 P types are great parts cars. The diff is a 3.73 worth a lot. The AFM works on the 22re , so worth a lot to the truck and 4 runner crowd as an upgrade It plugs right in. The 82 header panel has no headlight washers. I put one on my 83. I prefer the style of the 82/83 steering wheel , also.
The engine will swap out but it's not very powerful. You swap the long block only. The int., if good will swap out but I like the 85 int. myself.
If you decide to pass on this, I want it, so contact me. But, LOL, I think I convinced you to get it.

#3 ·
Whoa sweet! I am a 22re guy myself (2 celicas and a Tacoma), so it will help me there too! Yeah, I'm going to add this to my fleet, thanks!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.