82 Supra parts interchangeable with 83-86 Supras?

82 Supra parts interchangeable with 83-86 Supras?

Hey guys, I have the opportunity to buy a 1982 Supra PType 5 speed car as a cheap toy. The body is not very good, but it's said to run/drive well, I'm wondering if pretty much must of the parts on the 82 could be used on the 83-86 models. I know the engine management system is not yet the same on the 82. I don't need the car, but if I could justify buying it as an eventual parts car I would be more inclined to pull the trigger on it. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

The 82 P types are great parts cars. The diff is a 3.73 worth a lot. The AFM works on the 22re , so worth a lot to the truck and 4 runner crowd as an upgrade It plugs right in. The 82 header panel has no headlight washers. I put one on my 83. I prefer the style of the 82/83 steering wheel , also.
    The engine will swap out but it's not very powerful. You swap the long block only. The int., if good will swap out but I like the 85 int. myself.
    If you decide to pass on this, I want it, so contact me. But, LOL, I think I convinced you to get it.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

Whoa sweet! I am a 22re guy myself (2 celicas and a Tacoma), so it will help me there too! Yeah, I'm going to add this to my fleet, thanks!!
    1984 Red Supra P Type 75,000 miles
    1985 Blue Celica GTS 147,000 miles
    1983 Celica ITB Racecar Former Long Beach Pro-Am Car

Thread Information