Buy or trade: grill retaining clips, turn signal socket retainer

Buy or trade: grill retaining clips, turn signal socket retainer

I need 3 of the small metal clips that hold the grill in and the small plastic socket that inserts into the bumper reinforcement and hold the turn signal in on the 83 model. I may also need an 83 L turn signal if I can't repair mine. Pm or email, thanx.
    I wonder if the clips and socket can be bought from Toyota. I've been looking for aftermarket turn signals to no avail.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Ok, update. I called Toyota and the parts guy found 7 of those clips in Portland. I bought 3,so there are 4 left. Still need the silly little, plastic socket for the left turn signal.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Omkar, the plastic sockets for the turn signals are very likely still available new from Mark. I bought a few about a year ago. The pn is 81219-14040 and Toyota calls them bearings. They weren't very much although I don't remember exactly. If I had to guess, I think 4 were in the $10 range. Unfortunately, I used a couple and have since given the extra set I bought to a good home. If they're NLA, I may have a good one somewhere, LMK. Hope this helps.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Thanx Ray, I'll contact him. I was going to anyway, but Toyota in MT said they were discontinued.
    Quote Originally Posted by ray85p View Post
    Omkar, the plastic sockets for the turn signals are very likely still available new from Mark. I bought a few about a year ago. The pn is 81219-14040 and Toyota calls them bearings. They weren't very much although I don't remember exactly. If I had to guess, I think 4 were in the $10 range. Unfortunately, I used a couple and have since given the extra set I bought to a good home. If they're NLA, I may have a good one somewhere, LMK. Hope this helps.

As far as the Micky-duck grille clips,Greg ('82 Supra) posted a substitute fix for those little plastic parts. A few 5 or 6 mm bolts was involved.The pix or the method wasn't clear to me.
    I must have had my grille off 4 times in 11 years. Fog lamps issues,mostly.
    Yeah,I got those
    "poppers" from Ray to fix my L.F. turn signal. I had it glued in with Shoe Goo B-4.

It was collecting water from excessive car washes.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

Thread Information