WTB rusty rocker mouldings - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I found what I needed. They got a Celica in locally so I snagged one side of it. More than likely I'm thinking group buy would have to happen. Need to spread the cost of the tool out and there is always a min order to get a reasonable price on extrusions. The good thing is these are long, an open shape, and little machining so it's ideal for a cheap extrusion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

iirc, Celica ones are a tiny bit shorter than the Supra ones.
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

They are but for what I want them for it doesn't matter.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Yup, but its the molded end caps that get you. 4 unique molds to do it right, or just 2 if you ignore the LType guys. We don't need the front caps with PType front flares. What are your plans for that? you may want to collaborate with George on this. He has options for plastic or poly molds.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member '82supra's Avatar
    I think poly would be a good option, especially for shipping as they can be rolled. As mentioned earlier, I have these moulds available:

Pm me if you want to experiment or actually use them...cut and paste. J/K - I have new installation screws to go with.

They're made from epoxy/fiberglass/carbonfiber - decent enough to replace missing rocker mouldings on their own as well (with minor touch-ups). Fiberglass can be painted. Shipped as a bundle.
    Hidden Content
    Terracotta Warrior
    aka Mr Whisker

Both my cars have perfectly good rocker mouldings and if memory serves me correctly I may have another set.

That said I would still be interested in a group buy for a set of reproductions that will never rust.

Thread Information