Need OEM bearings and seals for my LSD

CelicaSupra.com Member

Need OEM bearings and seals for my LSD

I have an 84 model and need to replace all the bearings. I am having a hard time finding who sells them. Anyone know who carries them?

Also, is there still a OEM Toyota guy that everyone on the forums is buying from online? The last guy I checked is no longer there.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    You should get the seals from Toyota, but aftermarket ones will work. Bearings can come from a more generic source like rock auto, but you need to be careful about the carrier bearings, some people have reported issues with them not being the same thickness as the Toyota bearings.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, torrid red, black/grey leather
    Built 7MGTE (JE's, ARP studs, MHG), BOSS STG4 60mm, AEM standalone, R154, 2 1/2" IC and 3" turbo back - the works
    Coilovers, ROH wheels, 4 corner BBK, Konis, ADDCO bars, PST bushings etc. etc.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I'll add a bit more info as it's all I can remember! I believe the bearing difference is with the races. As I recall, the generic bearings themselves are correct but they use standard races. The Toyota specific versions have thicker races (not likely the specific area the bearing rollers ride on though, but just the depth behind this) which means the generic versions install at an incorrect depth that can't be compensated for. Bearings and races are sold together as matched pairs. Even if the Toyota specific races were available separately, it still wouldn't be wise to use unmatched pairs of them.
    If anyone can add to this, please do. I do know that I read the info here. But as usual, it's very likely that I found this info while searching for something completely different. And also unfortunately, we all know it's equally unlikely that it'll pop up in a search for it.... Your best shot is to use a site specific Google search.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

Thread Information