Technotoy Tuning Roll Center Adjusters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Technotoy Tuning Roll Center Adjusters

I have a new set of TTT roll center adjusters I can't fit to my car. They fit fine with stock Supra strut housings, but I am running Celica strut housings (more camber) so I was surprised the bottoms of the strut housings are different. These are new, I tried to fit them once, hardly a scuff mark. They are 33mm tall, come with instructions, bolts, washers. Check out the Techno Toy Tuning website for more info. I have heard there could be clearance issues with these and the Jim King/Raptor BBK, although I can't verify this. If you are running a Supra with front suspension lowered over 1", roll center adjusters will make your car more stable when hitting a bump, especially if in a middle of a curve. $70 shipped, U.S. 48 states. Paypal is ok.

Don L.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Don, I just had to grind a small portion off the inner embossing in 2 spots on each to get my ma6x RCAs to fit my ra6x strut casings. Off course, T3 does have ra6x ones too (and they stack).
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Thanks for the tip! I will take another look at them in the morning, and maybe consider that mod. I am still currently using my 30mm pre-production test units from the Jim King batch back in around 2003. Not a perfect fit, but they work. I just wanted a better product, so decided to try the TTT units, and get 3mm more spacing.

Don

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Can confirm that these won't fit with supra struts and the wilwood bbk, i was pretty bummed about it.

Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    Can confirm that these won't fit with supra struts and the wilwood bbk, i was pretty bummed about it.
    Just curious, was it the far outer lip of the stock LCA (below the ball joint) that gets too close to the BBK rotor? Probably not an issue with the TTT lower control arms, but I haven't determined that for sure yet either. Hopefully soon.

Don

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    I would imagine. The Celica struts give you more rotor to LCA clearance then the supra ones. Don, on Deanfun's car we were able to exactly compensate for the 2.25 inch drop his car has by stacking a JK RCA on top of a T3 ra6x RCA with specially ordered grade 12 bolts. He also has the JK BBK and custom coil overs built with Celica struts but we unfortunately had to get the T3 steering arms as well, as the celica GTS steering arms moved the rotor too close to the LCA. As I recall, with the 58mm total RCA we were running the only clearance issues we had remaining were with the stock rotor shields which I had to modify extensively to fit in there.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I can't provide any helpful details, but my TTT RCAs clear my Wilwood BBK, with modification. I mentioned this in my build thread but, because Nestor Rodriguez, the builder of my car, made the modifications to my Ground Control weld-on coilovers, with MR2 short-stroke shocks so quickly and effectively, I never saw the finished product.

Unfortunately, Nestor has absolutely no internet presence and is not a member of any forums to my knowledge. He moved when he took another job with one of the largest collision repair companies in the U.S. and we have since lost contact with one another. I am hopeful to reconnect with him through REYESSUPRA, which is how I met him in the first place. If I am successful, I will update this thread.

Ken.

P.S. Don't know that it's material but I also have TTT Tension Control Rods.
    1985 Toyota P-Type Celica Supra 5MT
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo; 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo; 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo; 2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    I would imagine. The Celica struts give you more rotor to LCA clearance then the supra ones. Don, on Deanfun's car we were able to exactly compensate for the 2.25 inch drop his car has by stacking a JK RCA on top of a T3 ra6x RCA with specially ordered grade 12 bolts. He also has the JK BBK and custom coil overs built with Celica struts but we unfortunately had to get the T3 steering arms as well, as the celica GTS steering arms moved the rotor too close to the LCA. As I recall, with the 58mm total RCA we were running the only clearance issues we had remaining were with the stock rotor shields which I had to modify extensively to fit in there.
    Wow, that's a bunch of RCA height! I think if I stacked my old RCA (precursor to JK) with the TTT units, that would be 63mm, almost 2.5". I will probably live with the single RCA, and play with the LCA and outer tie rods to minimize bump steer. With my 1.25" sway bar and 800 lb springs in front, hoping the lean would be less than previous. I plan to bump my rear springs to about 900 lbs this year.

Yes my issue was the LCA hitting the rotor just like this post in the BBK install guide. I could have ground down much less and been OK, but i opted not to for now. With stock supra struts and no RCA it fits fine.
    http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...l=1#post566444

I'm also running the rock guards made by Guido, nice piece. I tried the BBk without the shield, same result of the LCA hitting the rotor, sadly no pic though.
    http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...=1#post1145282

Thanks for that post! Reading the thread, it sounds like using a RA65 LCA (Celica) makes the LCA to BBK rotor clearance worse? Using a stock Supra (MA61) LCA hits also but less? Sounds to me if someone wants to use RCAs, and has a BBK, it would be best to change to RA65 (Celica) strut housings which will increase the clearance to the rotor from the Supra LCA. That is what I have been running for years, although my RCA was 30mm, and the TTT RCA is 33mm. Still, though I can't be certain 100%, I think clearance should be ok with the 33mm RCA, or at least workable.

Good info, and reminders everyone! With the TTT GTX2 lower control arms, this also becomes a non issue, but this is good info!

Don
    Last edited by Don L.; 03-03-2017 at 04:55 PM.

Thread Information