Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

I'm A Grandpa!

10K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  coscolep 
#1 ·
My stepson's wife gave birth last night two months early. She went in for her check-up, and her blood pressure was high, so they started checking everything else, and determined the baby was "in distress".

SO.....off to the ER for an emergency C-Section, and a short time later little Noah Edgar was delivered.

Hes about 10 weeks early, so he's pretty tiny....2.2 pounds and 12" long. It's a good thing that neonatal care is so good these days, as he'll be in the Baby ICU until his little lungs are strong enough to fully manage on their own.

My wife is ecstatic, and had already planned to go the our daughter-in-laws baby shower at the end of this month.

Mother and son are doing fine considering the circumstances.

- Jim

#2 ·
Congratulations, very happy for you and hope all goes well.

My daughter was also pre-mature and weighed 3 pounds. She spent 6 weeks in Neonatal and they were brilliant. She developed naturally and didn't need any surgery. She is now 5 years old.

#5 ·
He's pretty much the reason my wife and I are headed to Colorado.

Well....besides wanting to get out of the craziness that Kalifornia has become since we both moved here 35 years ago!

#6 ·
It just hurts to see them connected up to all that stuff.
Yes Jim, I know exactly how you and your family are feeling. He looks quite big in the photo, from what I can see, he looks quite well and robust. Praying that it all goes well. :)

#7 ·
Congratulations! I'm a Dad of an almost 14 month old and my parents who live a fair distance away inhale the daily pictures of her that we post on tinybeans.com. I think it's great to be able to connect grandparents to the life of the child though a service like TBs or something similar. We have pictures every day and my Dad comments on almost every one. There might be better services but that's the one we ended up using.

#8 ·
Congrats Jim! Welcome to the club. The nice thing about grandkids is you can spoil them all you want and when they start fussing you just hand them back to their mom and dad.

#11 ·
Congrats Doc!! He'll be home in no time!! Be careful preemies are over achievers and grow up to be firefighters!! I was 2 months early!!

#14 ·
Thanks, everybody.

He's already gained almost a pound.

His Mom came home from the hospital yesterday (Monday), and is taking it easy while she heals from the C-section.

She brought home a little blanket he was laying on so their dogs could get used to his scent.

She said the dogs were all excited and tails were wagging like crazy when they smelled the little blanket, so hopefully the dogs will be equally happy to actually see the little guy when he gets there.

#18 ·
Late, but congratulations!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.