WTB Clutch type Diff kaaz/ats/cusco/OS

CelicaSupra.com Member battleaxe's Avatar

WTB Clutch type Diff kaaz/ats/cusco/OS

Currently looking for a new one. Kaaz and ATS both require I get a open diff to take the side shafts from and ATS says to get specific bearings? not sure if theyre stock or just saying to get new ones, not all diff listings mention this, so they might be different?

Its a long shot as I know most of you leave them OEM LSD or get the weir kit, but I plan to do a lot more aggressive driving than either of those options provide as I drift it. I have Kaaz's in my s13 and x8 cressida and enjoy their quality.

If you have anything like this, new or used, please let me know.

Thank you

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I can understand wanting to stick with what works but trutrac LSDs would hold up to your abuse....that is if you are ok with a 2-way non-clutch type LSD. I didnt think the bearings were different but I could be wrong without any experience with the clutch types listed. Best of luck!
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

turtrak from weir? for a bit? maybe, but i have no faith in those parts.
    the bearings are different for the aftermarket clutch types vs OEM. Ive spoke to ATS and KAAZ, and I understand why.
    Getting a new KAAZ currently and I sourced the bearings.

the weir unit just adds a few more plates in our factory clutch types, but the way they are staggered is one of the large differences.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

If I misunderstand you, I apologize. No, the trutrac is not an upgraded OEM kit. It is a 2-way helical gear unit that never needs serviced and can hold as much power as you feel you want to put through the MK2 chassis. You would get a solid pinion spacer from Weir, new bearings, the trutrac unit, and install into your OEM housing and use OEM axles.

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...e-trac-writeup

Again, this isn't a clutch pack unit but if you are OK with a 2-way differential...where both rear tires will stay planted on the ground...I would use this, almost bulletproof, LSD and twice on Sundays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZmsY2YvVsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPBdbGO0-fE
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

sorry about that, its my mistake. that true trac looks interesting. id like to try one of these for sure. Im just familiar with clutch type differentials. MKII diffs are not so good for power and such though as the axles and stub axles just shatter with on off throttle and clutch and ebrake stuff banging around.

i imagine if you had a lot of power and a reasonably lowered but not too low car, the rear end would last a lot longer.

ther kaaz and ats both use all factory stuff minus the carrier bearings which have a larger ID than OEM

CelicaSupra.com Member Funkycheeze's Avatar
    The Truetrac uses the same - larger 50mm carrier bearings and all the rest stock parts. Plenty strong unless you are doing very abusive drag racing or drifting with 400+ wheel horsepower.

Only issue again with the truetrac is that it is a helical gear style 2 way. Benefit is that it does not need any maintenance once installed.
    '84 P-type, 5spd, torrid red, black/grey leather
    Built 7MGTE (JE's, ARP studs, MHG), BOSS STG4 60mm, AEM standalone, R154, 2 1/2" IC and 3" turbo back - the works
    Coilovers, ROH wheels, 4 corner BBK, Konis, ADDCO bars, PST bushings etc. etc.

Thread Information