Registration in MT vx CA like night and day

Registration in MT vx CA like night and day

Brought the title and letters showing my residency and my Ca driver's license and goy in line at a Montana treasurer's office. 3 people at the counter helping about 12 people in line. I thought maybe I'll be done in 45 minutes. Suddenly, 4 more worker bees showed up and the line disappeared. I would have been there for hours in Ca., would have had to pay a smog station a bunch of money to pass, and I never would have passed visual inspection with my Thorley header, RC intake,ect. Ca. recently also nixed all non-stock mods. I may have even got flak over my LJM bar.
    Anyway, the nice lady took only 15 minutes to check out my info, transfer title, create a profile and issue my registration. It only cost $63 including title transfer. I chatted with her a lot, which is why it took 15 minutes, not 10. She told me I could have lifetime registration on my Supra for $126!!! That would be the end of it---I would never have to return to this office again for this car. OMG, I thought I was in heaven after 37 years of Ca. bureaucratic BS!!! I passed on the lifetime deal as I don't know where I'll end up next year but I doubt if it will be Ca. The main reason I left was lack of affordable housing.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Welcome to the real Wild West. We play the same way in Idaho.

More like welcome to Freedom. God I can't wait to leave this state someday.

LOL, yeah Ca is not what it used to be. I love the ocean but in Santa Cruz the man ruined that too, with a million signs saying, "no parking 10 to 6". Too many rules, taxes, regs and not to mention the PC police everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMk2 View Post
    More like welcome to Freedom. God I can't wait to leave this state someday.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

wow, that's awesome! I can only dream!

Yep, welcome to The Real America!

My wife and I are leaving this Progressive Paradise in the next few months. The only bad thing is we'll be in the Denver/Fort Collins "corridor", and I'll have to meet the smog requirements for that area. If we weren't planning on settling so close to the kids, we wouldn't be in Larimer County, and I'd be smog exempt.

So back to CA....by "non-stock" you mean the Smog Nazis were/are hassling people over stuff like suspension mods? I'm guessing your "LJM" bar is a strut tower brace....

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Yes, it's a strut brace. Not sure what the new law is in detail but it is about non stock mods and parts. Ca is the "Big Brother" state that wants to control and tax everything. Hey, they have to tax you to pay for all those bureaucrats high salaries.

And to provide free housing, medical care, and food to all the illegals and welfare Moms!

You say it's a new law? How'd you find out about it?

I was all freaked out that I'd have to get mine smogged again in April, but a couple of months ago I got the renewal in the mail, and it said all I had to do was pay.

I blasted right down to the AAA office and bought my sticker!
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I'm interested in this non-OEM mod law as well. First I heard of it.

Ken.
    1985 Toyota P-Type Celica Supra 5MT
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo; 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo; 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo; 2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

I lived in Las Vegas for twenty five years and then in 2002 I moved back to Wisconsin where I grew up. Nevada has been Californicated for years now so Wisconsin was quite a welcome change - no smog checks, no visual checks, no luxury tax and no lines and a fraction of the cost to register the car.
    Dave Harrison

current lineup and year acquired:

'85 white Mark2 7mgte 5sp 1990
    '85 white Mark2 7mgte Auto 2009
    '84 maroon Mark2 6mge 5sp 2013
    '85 black Mark2 2jzge 5sp 2015
    '86 SDR Mark2 7mgte 5sp 2016

Hidden Content Originally Posted by cheappower82 Hidden Content
    Guess you have the magic touch; touch mine please?!

Thread Information