Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

What should I do

16K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  coscolep 
#1 ·
I'm new to the forum and just got my 85 mk2. I needed some parts and made a deal with a member for a few items. I paid him via PP Friends and Family on Sunday he said he would ship Monday but didn't, I spoke to him via text said Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest I've tried contacting him via text and dm also posted on his ad but haven't had a response since Tuesday. I don't want to rush and post a negative review of him but what should I do?

P.S. sorry if this isn't the place to ask this

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

#4 · (Edited)
Ya I did not a lot of cash im not worried about the $$ just don't know if it's time to make a buyer beware post . Him taking a while to ship isn't even a problem it's that he hasn't responded to any form of communication. He has been a long-time member from what I could tell so I don't want to jump the gun on him.

#12 ·
Yeah, "a good deal" ?? I've heard about such good deals before.

#5 ·
Posting on a person's social media page or in a mutually shared group will usually light a fire under 'em. I had to do that once, and thankfully got a positive outcome to the whole situation. Good luck!

#6 ·
If you cant get some sort of contact and resolution with in a week or two, then please let us know who this person is so that we can avoid buying / selling to this person.

I hope you get a positive resolution and it does not come down to blacklisting who ever it is.

#7 ·
When its sort of a hobby-business on the side, people must tend to their day job and family first and that might entail travel or military duty or who knows, but I wouldn't worry about a few days. Its poor business practice if someone were trying to make a profit at it, but in most cases its just another hobbyist who's doing it to help out the community, especially if they are selling parts cheap. I always advise newbies that the mk2 Supra is as difficult to restore as coachbuilt cars of the 1930s and will require extreme patience. I guess part of that patience comes into play when after you've spent weeks hunting for an elusive part, you might have to wait weeks more for the seller to find the right sized box, gather packing materials and then be able to get an hour off work during the workday to go to the post office or shipping center. I'd say if there's no communication after a week, start to worry and try contacting again. If nothing after two weeks, then post.

#8 ·
Completely understand I don't have a problem waiting I've built 2 Porsche 951's I know it takes time. The problem I have is when someone says pay me now and I'll get this out tomorrow then when asked if shipped says I didn't but will get it out tomorrow or next for sure then drops all communication. If he responded and said hey I've been busy but I'll get them to you when I get some time I'd be a ok it's when someone doesn't communicate that I get a little ticked because I followed through on my part of the deal. Just communicate imho.
Thanks for the advice I think what you're saying is fair .

#9 ·
You should always check a seller in the BUYER/SELLER RATINGS FORUM. The seller has to provide contact info. You can contact paypal to lean on him and leaving threatening email or text. If he claimed he was going to ship, ASAP, then tell him to cut the crap and ship.
I've been selling parts on this site for years and have great feedback as a seller. I have no tolerance for such behavior.

#11 ·
I'm not sure if it was the wrong one. Do you have contact info as required in a sale post? If still no response, it's time to warn others about this guy on the Buyer/seller section. And contact paypal even if it's paid as a gift.

#13 ·
I have his user name, real name and phone # I just texted him and told him that if I didn't get a response from him by the time I get out of work this afternoon I was going to post a buyer beware thread on him

#16 ·
It's good that you got in contact with the seller.
You already have a bad taste in your mouth about this transaction.

His parts better be good,or you will go ballistic.
We will back up ANY member that has been crapped on.
The pen is by FAR more powerful than the "sword",by far.

I would never choose to be in a 41 to one fight. Not to worry.

#19 ·
So this guy does have some real history here correct? People here need to be aware that we have a con man working this forum who knows how to behave like a normal forum member and mk2 enthusiast. He even gives his cell number and will talk you up via text and email like a real auto enthusiast. Embarrassingly he got me. I should have taken more precautions going into that deal as he didn't post pics of the item and he had no real history here. Otherwise every aspect of dealing with him was exactly like every other deal I've had on this board over the last 15 years. He even kept talking to me long after I paid him, when we assumed the parts had gotten stuck in customs. He didn't go radio silent till I informed him that he was going to have to start an insurance claim with the post office to replace the parts.

Other then that, most everyone here are just real people with lives and tight schedules. Some people just get busy and take awhile to respond, thats pretty normal and to be expected.

#20 ·
UPDATE TO THE THREAD
He finally responded to me on Monday and said he had been sick, so his wife was taking care of this for him, his son was pulling the parts and he gave me a tracking # for 2day shipping . I received the parts today like 10 min ago

#23 ·
As posted,that is not the case. He had an excuse.
Maybe it will work out and everyone will be happy.
As I see it,it was a delay in getting his parts,not a scam. Maybe the seller will get a good seller rating out of all of this drama,from the buyer!

We have had those B-4 and it leaves a bad taste in one's mouth for a long time. Too bad.
You cannot please all of the people all of the time.
Just let the buyer beware. Be careful out there and even in here!

Try not to lose your temper EVER! You were very cool about this situation,Texas boy.:salute:

#28 ·
Yes, it is often not about the money that we are concerned about but integrity and honesty. We just want the promise made to be kept. If you said he is a long-time member, then it could be there is still a level of trust there. Perhaps you could wait for a week or two more before nudging him at his social media accounts. If no response whatsoever, then only should there be a beware post for others to take note of. We have to hear his side of the story too. Who knows an emergency cropped up before he could deliver the item to you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.