What should I do
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What should I do

I'm new to the forum and just got my 85 mk2. I needed some parts and made a deal with a member for a few items. I paid him via PP Friends and Family on Sunday he said he would ship Monday but didn't, I spoke to him via text said Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest I've tried contacting him via text and dm also posted on his ad but haven't had a response since Tuesday. I don't want to rush and post a negative review of him but what should I do?

P.S. sorry if this isn't the place to ask this

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

So you sent a paypal gift to someone? Good luck with that. Hopefully you sent it to a reputable member here.

Ya I did usually pretty safe on the other forums I'm on and since it wasn't a huge amount and he was giving me a good deal I wasn't to worried about it

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMk2 View Post
    So you sent a paypal gift to someone? Good luck with that. Hopefully you sent it to a reputable member here.
    Ya I did not a lot of cash im not worried about the $$ just don't know if it's time to make a buyer beware post . Him taking a while to ship isn't even a problem it's that he hasn't responded to any form of communication. He has been a long-time member from what I could tell so I don't want to jump the gun on him.

Last edited by Phiah24; 03-11-2017 at 11:54 PM.

CelicaSupra.com Member Road Ripper's Avatar
    Posting on a person's social media page or in a mutually shared group will usually light a fire under 'em. I had to do that once, and thankfully got a positive outcome to the whole situation. Good luck!
    Hidden Content
    Dan (DragonLady's husband) *RIP Tyler (2yo son lost to cancer)
    1986 P-type (Ruffian) black 6M 5 speed (formerly Lexusboy's), sitting.
    1986 P type MKII 2tone night blue met/silver met. 5MGE auto, waiting for summer.
    2005 Dodge Magnum Magnesium Pearl - new family car!
    2000 Chrysler Town & Country - Charcoal, family/stuff hauler

If you cant get some sort of contact and resolution with in a week or two, then please let us know who this person is so that we can avoid buying / selling to this person.

I hope you get a positive resolution and it does not come down to blacklisting who ever it is.

When its sort of a hobby-business on the side, people must tend to their day job and family first and that might entail travel or military duty or who knows, but I wouldn't worry about a few days. Its poor business practice if someone were trying to make a profit at it, but in most cases its just another hobbyist who's doing it to help out the community, especially if they are selling parts cheap. I always advise newbies that the mk2 Supra is as difficult to restore as coachbuilt cars of the 1930s and will require extreme patience. I guess part of that patience comes into play when after you've spent weeks hunting for an elusive part, you might have to wait weeks more for the seller to find the right sized box, gather packing materials and then be able to get an hour off work during the workday to go to the post office or shipping center. I'd say if there's no communication after a week, start to worry and try contacting again. If nothing after two weeks, then post.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by pdupler View Post
    When its sort of a hobby-business on the side, people must tend to their day job and family first and that might entail travel or military duty or who knows, but I wouldn't worry about a few days. Its poor business practice if someone were trying to make a profit at it, but in most cases its just another hobbyist who's doing it to help out the community, especially if they are selling parts cheap. I always advise newbies that the mk2 Supra is as difficult to restore as coachbuilt cars of the 1930s and will require extreme patience. I guess part of that patience comes into play when after you've spent weeks hunting for an elusive part, you might have to wait weeks more for the seller to find the right sized box, gather packing materials and then be able to get an hour off work during the workday to go to the post office or shipping center. I'd say if there's no communication after a week, start to worry and try contacting again. If nothing after two weeks, then post.
    Completely understand I don't have a problem waiting I've built 2 Porsche 951's I know it takes time. The problem I have is when someone says pay me now and I'll get this out tomorrow then when asked if shipped says I didn't but will get it out tomorrow or next for sure then drops all communication. If he responded and said hey I've been busy but I'll get them to you when I get some time I'd be a ok it's when someone doesn't communicate that I get a little ticked because I followed through on my part of the deal. Just communicate imho.
    Thanks for the advice I think what you're saying is fair .

You should always check a seller in the BUYER/SELLER RATINGS FORUM. The seller has to provide contact info. You can contact paypal to lean on him and leaving threatening email or text. If he claimed he was going to ship, ASAP, then tell him to cut the crap and ship.
    I've been selling parts on this site for years and have great feedback as a seller. I have no tolerance for such behavior.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by supkar View Post
    You should always check a seller in the BUYER/SELLER RATINGS FORUM. The seller has to provide contact info. You can contact paypal to lean on him and leaving threatening email or text. If he claimed he was going to ship, ASAP, then tell him to cut the crap and ship.
    I've been selling parts on this site for years and have great feedback as a seller. I have no tolerance for such behavior.
    You know I did go to the ratings thread but only saw 2 posts maybe I went to the wrong one ?

Thread Information