What should I do - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I'm not sure if it was the wrong one. Do you have contact info as required in a sale post? If still no response, it's time to warn others about this guy on the Buyer/seller section. And contact paypal even if it's paid as a gift.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, "a good deal" ?? I've heard about such good deals before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phiah24 View Post
    Ya I did usually pretty safe on the other forums I'm on and since it wasn't a huge amount and he was giving me a good deal I wasn't to worried about it
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by supkar View Post
    I'm not sure if it was the wrong one. Do you have contact info as required in a sale post? If still no response, it's time to warn others about this guy on the Buyer/seller section. And contact paypal even if it's paid as a gift.
    I have his user name, real name and phone # I just texted him and told him that if I didn't get a response from him by the time I get out of work this afternoon I was going to post a buyer beware thread on him

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by supkar View Post
    Yeah, "a good deal" ?? I've heard about such good deals before.
    So he finally got in touch with me

Shame you had to light a fire to get a response

It's good that you got in contact with the seller.
    You already have a bad taste in your mouth about this transaction.

His parts better be good,or you will go ballistic.
    We will back up ANY member that has been crapped on.
    The pen is by FAR more powerful than the "sword",by far.

I would never choose to be in a 41 to one fight. Not to worry.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

Thanks for the backup and yes I will be inspecting the parts a little closer now

Ya it did I hate when you have to chase people down

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    So this guy does have some real history here correct? People here need to be aware that we have a con man working this forum who knows how to behave like a normal forum member and mk2 enthusiast. He even gives his cell number and will talk you up via text and email like a real auto enthusiast. Embarrassingly he got me. I should have taken more precautions going into that deal as he didn't post pics of the item and he had no real history here. Otherwise every aspect of dealing with him was exactly like every other deal I've had on this board over the last 15 years. He even kept talking to me long after I paid him, when we assumed the parts had gotten stuck in customs. He didn't go radio silent till I informed him that he was going to have to start an insurance claim with the post office to replace the parts.

Other then that, most everyone here are just real people with lives and tight schedules. Some people just get busy and take awhile to respond, thats pretty normal and to be expected.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    So this guy does have some real history here correct? People here need to be aware that we have a con man working this forum who knows how to behave like a normal forum member and mk2 enthusiast. He even gives his cell number and will talk you up via text and email like a real auto enthusiast. Embarrassingly he got me. I should have taken more precautions going into that deal as he didn't post pics of the item and he had no real history here. Otherwise every aspect of dealing with him was exactly like every other deal I've had on this board over the last 15 years. He even kept talking to me long after I paid him, when we assumed the parts had gotten stuck in customs. He didn't go radio silent till I informed him that he was going to have to start an insurance claim with the post office to replace the parts.

Other then that, most everyone here are just real people with lives and tight schedules. Some people just get busy and take awhile to respond, thats pretty normal and to be expected.
    UPDATE TO THE THREAD
    He finally responded to me on Monday and said he had been sick, so his wife was taking care of this for him, his son was pulling the parts and he gave me a tracking # for 2day shipping . I received the parts today like 10 min ago

Thread Information