Texas Safety Inspections News - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guy that does my misc machining and fab work I bring in has a 70 Chevelle with a Duramax swap in it. Runs 10 flat and he says its get 30mpg on the freeway. This one here;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKc_U_Q2s-o

Its a stock truck engine/trans with upgraded compound turbos on it. Be pretty funny to tow a big ass trailer with a Chevelle passing guys up in there fancy new trucks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I totally agree on being skeptical on the exceptions made in the regulations. We are more concerned on immediate safety instead of an issue that only has potential hazardous risks and that too if in a prolonged period of time, instead of instantly. Emissions are a great danger if we are exposed to it on a regular and consistent basis, but bad brakes and tyres could pose an immediate danger, and we should be addressing that.

Quote Originally Posted by webbrowan View Post
    I totally agree on being skeptical on the exceptions made in the regulations. We are more concerned on immediate safety instead of an issue that only has potential hazardous risks and that too if in a prolonged period of time, instead of instantly. Emissions are a great danger if we are exposed to it on a regular and consistent basis, but bad brakes and tyres could pose an immediate danger, and we should be addressing that.
    Well stated. Your logic is impeccable.
    Phil D.
    85 Silver 6m-gte, completed 2000

"I always observe the speed limit. I see those DAMNED signs everywhere."

Thread Information