Front cam seal problem on a 5mge

Front cam seal problem on a 5mge

Hey so I'm having problems taking off my front cam seal on my 5m I've tried the flat head method and all it's doing is chewing up the seal and not really making any progress I also tried wiping some oil on it to maybe lubercate it and try prying it out and still nothing and I'm not really finding anything so any help would be amazing thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Some seals are actually glued in with a bit of RTV or something like that. As long as you don't scratch the camshaft, you're OK. You can use needle nose pliers to pull it out or a utility knife on the ext. to dig it out. The ext. part is where the sealant was probably applied. But be careful even there with the knife.
    83-Red P-type , 6M,. LJM strut-bar, RC intake,Thorley header,Tenzo 17" wheels, cross-drilled rotors, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, 85 hatch and int., 82 header panel=Frankenkar

87 4 Runner, White, 22RE, 302K on original motor, still strong

"This car is so loud , I heard you before I saw you!" said the nice policeman. Hidden Content

If you do nit have a seal puller buy one.

Place a paint stick beteen the alloy cam shaft tower housing and the puller fulcrum point.

The hook should grab the inside of the seal, pull the handel; presto seal is out and no damage to any surfaces.

I take no liability for ruined engine parts, injury or death. Use tools and techniques at your own risk.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Drill a small pilot hole in it on each side. Thread a sheetmetal screw in each hole and pull outwards. I wouldn't use a screw driver to pry these out. Any scratch you put on the camshaft will cause it to leak forever.

If you remove the camshaft press it out from the inside.

The method I posted assumed you have removed the cam towers and cams from the towers.

I just realized that and wanted you to know that crucial detail.

^^ ?

(no offense intended)
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily runner, RIP...)
    2002 E39 ///M5 LMB, Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thread Information