Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Rear Camber Adjust Kit

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  glennenator 
#1 ·
I have a feeling that this subject has probably been mauled over and over in multiple places but I recently found weld in camber adjust brackets for my mk2, and they were available for around $100 about three weeks ago, but now that I have a spare cross member to mod they are no where to be found. I hear that usually it's the supplier that gets hosed when people say "oh oh I want them", and then decide 2 weeks later that they don't want them, or that they can't buy them anymore. but I'm not that guy, I WANT THEM. I NEED THEM, NOW! Does anybody have any up to date info on where to find them? Already checked Raptor Racing, He is out of stock, and his list price is over $400

#3 ·
Honestly I think you're better off just cutting the factory mounts off and rewelding them down a 1/4". Most people probably just crank them all the way down anyways. You don't get that much adjustment unless you do something with the inside points.

#4 ·
Depends on your drop. If you're not going to mod the inner mount, then don't install the brackets through the edge of the subframe. You can account for camber for up to about a 1.5" drop installed like that. Having it slotted is nice though if you are lowered within that range so you can dial your camber in exactly the same side to side.

#7 ·
George at raptor racing has them. You won't find a better guy to deal with. He also supports and offers a ton of parts to modify our cars. I would suggest supporting the guy that has had many parts for our cars made. Without him many parts wouldn't exist. I am a massive fan of his and Everything I ever got from him was of the best quality. He also made the carbon fiber hatch, hoods, and sunroof panel possible.

http://raptorracing.com/toyota/1982...ion/raptor-racing-rear-camber-mod-bracket-kit - 104$

#11 · (Edited)
I got my rear camber kit. In the install guide it suggested cutting the brackets in a way that it would leave enough of the oem bracket behind to be gussets. Here's what that looks like tacked together.

I would say the gussets end up being a bit small, but that's not all.
I do have two extra eccentric bolts, but, they are to big for the outside control arm bushing. Haven't decided exactly what I'm going to do about that yet.

#12 ·
I had to use thinner nuts and cut the eccentric bolts a bit shorter to fit them in without smashing the firetruck out of the little self centering dimples on the unibody. But those gussets should be fine, once you finish welding everything together. There really isn't much room on the outside anyway. Well, not if you ever want to get a wrench in there to adjust them. George sells the outside rear bushing with the correct size sleeves.

#13 · (Edited)
Had a buddy of mine who's a welder by trade weld it up, BUT, we didn't think to keep a bushing in the brackets during welding so now they are to tight and the swing arm bushing doesn't quite fit. I guess there's gonna have to be some grinding going on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.