Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

WTB Fuel Tank for 85 supra

995 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Dave_Cod 
#1 ·
I need a tank for my 85, I believe the 84 tanks will also fit. I am on Vancouver Island so if you are near by or on the the lower mainland I could travel to you, as I don't know how practical or easy it is to ship a used fuel tank.

#8 ·
You funny boy,you make joke,Dave!

The last NEW gas tank that I saw came from JAY PAN about 10 years ago.
The story was posted here, a while back.
Find the part number and 'googalize' it. You may get VERY lucky.

It would be complete insanity to store an OEM gas tank in a ware house for 30+ years.

#10 ·
It would be complete insanity to store an OEM gas tank in a ware house for 30+ years.
Anytime I ve pulled a tank I ve had it cleaned and pressure tested at a place that does Gas tanks... When I get it back I coat it with Rubberized Undercoating. Roof Patch is actually good too.

I also have one that I managed to get Plastic coated inside and out..... so it s practically like a Fuel cell...

When I go to put one of these tanks in... as a precaution...I ll have it pressure tested again... but since they were coated & always stored in a dry location....I think they should b OK ...

Cheers,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.