ROH Snyper GB Hub Rings - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    Thanks Dr. Jim. I'm fine not being sticky at the moment. Maybe later big boy.....
    I did in fact mention that metal rings are a good choice for severe duty use such as racing due to the extreme heat and because they're likely to be inspected regularly.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I bought the metal ones for my XXR rims at the same time I bought the rims, lugs, and locks.

I used a dab of antisieze as Ray recommends as I've had things weld themselves together in the past.....
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    That was an amazing post ray, thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

The manufacturer got back to me and said "We had several different center bore sizes available back then. You will need to measure with a vernier ideally, there is a good chance they are 76.1mm"
    1981 Celica Supra - 5ME
    1981 Celica Supra - 5MTE
    1985 Cressida Wagon - 5MGE
    1981 Kawasaki KZ1100
    1995 GMC Jimmy

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Well then, with their most likely guesstimate in hand, try the method I suggested of inserting the small ID measuring "wings" of your caliper as little as possible into your wheel hub and move it around to be sure you're measuring as close to the maximum ID as possible. If you get reasonably close to that value, go with it. Note to self: Look up a reasonably close value for reasonable.
    The reason I suggested inserting the caliper the minimum amount possible is because it's common for them to be tapered. Therefore, the deeper it's inserted, the farther down the taper you'll be measuring. As their spec'd to the maximum ID which is the outermost end, that'll give you the best measurement. This also works if the hub bore isn't tapered.
    Also, the exact values for these rings can vary depending on who's got the sharpest pencil. So a listing with a spec of xx.06 vs another manufacturers spec of xx.1 and possibly even anothers of xx.0 are very likely exactly the same items.
    A final suggestion if you haven't already done this is to get in touch with the manufacturer again and ask the same question but give them every spec for your exact wheels. Diameter, width, offset, bolt pattern, and anything else. Some wheels have different hub sizes within the same wheel type and size that differs with these other items.
    The style of AR wheels I have vary like this. There's quite a few different center cap sizes and there's also different styles depending on the size as well. So ordering the correct replacements required all this info. These insert from the back side of the wheel and hub centric rings for them fit inside the center caps. Sounds like a PITA. Works like a champ.
    Last edited by ray85p; 04-21-2017 at 01:58 AM.

Buy a "telescoping gauge". Cheap ones at harbor freight;

http://www.harborfreight.com/6-piece...-set-5649.html

Stick it in the hole lock it an the right size and use your caliper to measure it.

Didn't know Harbor Freight sold those.

I'll have to get a few....
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Thank God herself for the knowledge store assembled here and gladly, almost forcefully shared on this strange place that is a sort of second family / home for a lot of us. (You) WILL be enlightened whether (you) like it or not. I hate / love HF. But thanks to being enlightened again, I feel the need....... again, to lay waste to another one of them pesky $20's. Let's see, a few seconds of guilty pleasure torturing a $20 with a Zippo, or a trip to HF for a cheap dose of their enlightenment? I guess another $20 is going to live. But just long enough to suffocate in a smelly cash register while I'm on the way home with a cheap new useful toy, I mean tool. I win again. HF should cut you a percentage. Oh wait, they'll probably will be cutting all of us a small percentage soon. Hahahahahahah!
    Aaahhhhhhh!!!! Enlightenment is so much better than endarkenment could have ever been. Whoever thought up that stupid idea was probably slapped (silly, but funny!) and sterilized so there would never be another one of "them".
    Last edited by ray85p; 04-23-2017 at 05:28 AM.

That's a pretty low price for these 6 parts !
    -Jocelyn,
    P85-6MGE SDR(HKS kit c/w IC and F-Con in a box) 225KKm, NAL seats, 2.5 Brullen, ACT clutch, LJM, SS lines, Trip Computer. EuroH4
    P85-5MGE SDR had 439KKm (for 17 years my daily driver, RIP...), 2002 E39 ///M5 LMB Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Thread Information