Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Techno Toy Tuning T3 Tension Control Rods / Strut Rods For Sale

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Don L. 
#1 · (Edited)
*PRICE DROP* Techno Toy Tuning T3 Tension Control Rods / Strut Rods For Sale

Hi, everybody

I bought these from T3 to use on Ms. Swan, but decided not to use them and go with the Energy Suspension urethane bushings on the OEM strut rods.

These are brand-new, never been installed, and only one was even unwrapped to look at it.

PRICE DROP: $175 ($220 on the T3 website; I don't recall if they charge for shipping) and I'll pay the shipping to you.

PM me if Interested.

Thanks!

- Jim

See less See more
#3 ·
Damnit Jim, why couldnt these be for sale at this price in just a couple of weeks? lol. GLWS!

#6 ·
These only allow you to adjust the caster angle. Normally you adjust the caster by loosening/retightening the nuts on the stock strut rod. Because the nuts tighten down on a BIG squishy cushion. it's had to get an accurate, repeatable setting.

These have an adjustment sleeve similar to what a tie rod end uses, and since there's no rubber parts in them at all, the adjustment should be easier for your alignment guy to do.

#8 ·
Something also to look for is how much your lower control arm bushings will allow for caster adjustment. With rubber or poly bushings, certainly some degree of squish and play, but at some point there must be some binding or restriction. Not something I explored at the limit, so just saying.

Don L.

#11 ·
These have the type of rod ends that do NOT have a grease fitting in them, so I would not expect them to have a long service life. Probably depends on what kind of weather they get subjected to. Dry areas would last longer.

I knew some guys back in Illinois who used stuff like this on their daily driver, and it didn't make it through one winter.....

#12 ·
Lots of sway bar endlinks (aftermarket) come with spherical bearings, so I think depending on the design they could possibly hold up well to the elements. I would prefer to stay away from any style that uses grease or oil lubing, as that would attract dirt/grime and cause a abrasive situation. Some of the Teflon lined bearings, and some with shielding, seem like decent designs. T3 make pretty good stuff, likely stronger than necessary. Of course, I am just guessing here.

Don L.

#13 ·
I agree that "shielded" rod ends would be the way to go. BUT....I've seen these, and even the Teflon-lined ones, wear out very fast when confronted with the snow/slush/SALT in the midwest.

Here in SoCal they'd probably last forever!

#14 ·
Since these things are fairly easy to remove/install, crazy me would probably consider swapping the T3 units in during dry seasons, and the stock units in for winter driving. Hard to argue the strength and accuracy of the T3 units, but yeah, those stockers pretty much can last forever I guess.

Gotta love California weather (but the the cost of living).

Don L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.