2jzge swap into 85 supra need wiring help

2jzge swap into 85 supra need wiring help

Hello everyone,
    I just got another supra 1985 p type it has a 93sc300 non vvti engine and computer.The issue is that the car wont idle by itself without holding the gas until its warmed up, then will idle at 500rpm. The person who had done the swap said the car started and ran well and there were several wires that were not connected. So he decided to cut them to clean it up and then said the car has had trouble since then, but I also know that the maf sensor, when unplugged, does not change the car's performance. Is there anyone in or around the Colorado area that could help me that is good with wiring or these swaps? Any help would be much appreciated.
    thanks jake

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

It may not be difficult to trace the MAF wiring, if you have the wiring diagram and a continuity meter. I'm not sure how to diagnose it or if there is a test in the TSRM.

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    Does VCC have 5v? VCC is the + voltage at the MAF, tps, and other sensors. If he cut a plug off that had VCC going to it and it is shorting to another wire, or ground, it will lower the voltage at the tps and MAF, which will cause false readings at the ECU.

http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/3...ngine%20Wiring
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

So I apologize after digging more thoroughly the maf is hooked up and it does effect its performance so I'm on to dealing with the infamous iac wire !!! Thank you for timely replies and great advise.

I'm going to check the VCC.

CelicaSupra.com Member MrBubbles00482's Avatar
    This thread is your best friend. http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...P-wiring-guide

Double check that the idle air control valve is hooked to the main relay and not ignition 12v+. Main relay stays on for 3~ seconds after the car shuts off which allows the idle air control valve to reset. If its on ignition power its just gonna stay closed all the time.
    1985 P-type "Elvira" Blue inside out.
    2jzge/w58 swapped

MECP advanced autotech

Thread Information