5 NEW Suspension and Brake articles added to my website! - Page 3

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    Great write up Wes, and yes each item shown is available at 935 Motorsports.

One thing to mention is that if you were to go with the AGX MR2 Front Strut, it would use a screwdriver to adjust instead of knob. This would allow you to adjust it still while in the CUSCO plate.

The MR2 fronts are just a bit softer, but still very aggressive and much harder then the Tokicos.
    85 Supra 7MGE Lightweight

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

AGX does not have a slot, it has a flat-sided circular knob.

--BillyM

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraWes's Avatar
    Approximately a 1/8" D shaped shaft from what I can tell. If anyone has any ideas on waht to use I am all ears, I have been pulling the knobs off everything I see but no luck so far.
    Wes
    1985, Super White II, 5 Speed, P-Type
    1992 BMW 325i 4d 5sp, daily funmobile!

04,05,06,07 SCCA CFR West Solo2 DSP 1st place
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Visit the Toyota Sportscars Website
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimFastSupra
    The MR2 fronts are just a bit softer, but still very aggressive and much harder then the Tokicos.

When you say the mr2 fronts are just a bit softer, what are you comparing them too? It looks like you are saying they are much harder than the mk2 tokikos, but what are they softer than?

Thanks
    Ken
    SDR 86 - 7mgte, GC coilovers w/ Koni Yellows front, Susp Tech w/ KYB Gas-A-Just rear, ADDCO sway bars front and rear, LJM front strut bar, custom adjustable rear bar, 2.5" exhaust no cats, ceramic coated pistons and bearings, shot peaned rods, HKS MHG, NPR IC, w/ 2.5" aluminum pipes, HKS BOV.
    Black 86 - 5mge (parts car)

CelicaSupra.com Member

front suspension

I like the way you mounted the front coilovers....what is the ride height with this setup? What is the difference in the lowering amount if you install the coilovers without cutting the sleeves?
    More psi please!
    82 P-Type Red + Black Panda - SOLD
    86 P-Type Built Parts car Koni Sways - In a Tree - Tornado Victim
    85 L-Type Stock 15s - Destroyed by Debris - Tornado Victim
    85 P-Type ROH 17s, 6M(Valves, cams, etx), Mustang Dyno 154 hp/ 161 ft tq -SOLD

I think it allows you about 3/4" with the full collars instead of the ones suited for stock perches.

Wes, I am going to grind down the standard knobs so they will fit down in there and put a slot for a flat-head and some sort of directional marker as well... I'll let you know once I get it together or visually show you what I'm talking about next month.

By the way, any autox's planned for the weekend of the FL meet? I might take you up on that co-drive offer.

--BillyM (has 450's for the black-sup)

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    he was comparing to rear mr2 struts. also. i have the tokcio illuminas and they use a small flathead to adjust. wes said the agx's are better so ill get a set of those next time.
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

Good work. Ground Control is another source for coilover sleeves.

I'm impressed.
    '85 AE86 Corolla GT-S
    '86 AE86 Corolla GT-S
    '94 JZA80 Supra Turbo
    '06 V50 T5 AWD 6spd

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraWes's Avatar
    I just have a hatred of the Tokico brand name, after I wasted $200 on HP's. The Illuminas could be good. The best would probably be Koni.

There is an autocross at Gainesville raceway on the 20th, the same day as the Meet :-( It was originally scheduled for the 13th but just got rescheduled. I will probably choose the autocross over the meet because I don't have to drive 6 hours to do that, I need the points, and gainesville raceway is such an awesome place. Plus i pretty much have to be there since I am the worker chief for gainesville events. You are still welcome to co drive if you decide to stay in town. Screw drag racing, lets have the meet in Gainesville LOL.
    Wes
    1985, Super White II, 5 Speed, P-Type
    1992 BMW 325i 4d 5sp, daily funmobile!

04,05,06,07 SCCA CFR West Solo2 DSP 1st place
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Visit the Toyota Sportscars Website
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

As usual Wes, great work!

On your coil over tops, you used the cut section of the stock upper mount...was this in the instructions for the QA1 coilovers? With my Ground Controls, I did not have to do that... To stop the strut from turning when tightening the strut nut I use a ground down 5/8" tappet wrench on the top of the strut shaft. Very narrow, but works well.

I hear you on the adjustment! I can't just grind down the one that came with my Koni's because it's a multi piece plastic jobby. I was just going to get some metal and make a tool. I guess one could just take an appropriately sized bolt and cut a channel on the end. That'd work...

So what are your impressions of the Focus shocks? And your rear springs are Eibachs still right?
    Nick

83 MA67 - 6M and turny stuff
    86 MX73 - 1UZ+MS3X, daily boat.

Thread Information