My Trip to Japan and meeting up with the Celica XX Club. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Amazing trip, thank you for sharing those great pictures
    Lot of beautiful MKII, a dream

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Via Rosso (real name Satoshi) is how we used to do it. He speaks English and he was the XX clubs ambassador here on this board you could say. However he's been MIA for several years now. I haven't heard from him since just after the tsunami. I suspect he's just fallen out of cars, but would be nice to hear from him. We chatted regularly for years after I met him there.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member TRD 83 SUPRA XX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMk2 View Post
    How did you manage to hook up with the Celica XX club? I wouldn't even know where to start asking about them.
    If I told you might think I would be lying. Haha

Apparently, I'm the most popular MK2 in America to them. I myself could not believe this but in any case, I just asked one of the locals out there and to be honest up until about 2 weeks before I took off I didn't think it was going to happen. I can ask for you if your planing on making the trip but as it is I had to ask if it was OK to take pictures while I was in Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    Via Rosso (real name Satoshi) is how we used to do it. He speaks English and he was the XX clubs ambassador here on this board you could say. However he's been MIA for several years now. I haven't heard from him since just after the tsunami. I suspect he's just fallen out of cars, but would be nice to hear from him. We chatted regularly for years after I met him there.
    Im going to ask. See if they know anything about him. What color was his Celica XX pics?

White with maroon interior! lol, the most common XX combination. His however was an 85 I believe, and has a 1ggte swap, coil overs, big brakes etc. They should all know him, he used to be one of the most prominent members in their club. His car was in a Celicasupra.com calendar one year too.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

Quote Originally Posted by SupraFiend View Post
    White with maroon interior! lol, the most common XX combination. His however was an 85 I believe, and has a 1ggte swap, coil overs, big brakes etc. They should all know him, he used to be one of the most prominent members in their club. His car was in a Celicasupra.com calendar one year too.

Last Name? Picture of his car? That would help out more as thats what he asked me for.

I'm surprised you don't know who I'm talking about Alex. He was super active around here for many years and gave us our first glimpse into the Celica XX club in Japan. Rosso (real name Satoshi)...
    http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/member.php?4689-Rosso

He has started many great threads here. Here is one with his calendar submissions...
    http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...ead&highlight=
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car

I know and that's what's bugging me cuz now I'm worried that I missed out on meeting him.

Thread Information