7mgte runs rich

Thread: 7mgte runs rich

CelicaSupra.com Member

7mgte runs rich

hi guys , just had my 440 injectors cleand, and when i run them, my air fuel idle is at 13.2 aprox. dont know the problem, just took out my 550 lex, witch ran at 14.7 idle but rich on load 11 aprox. now its the opesit 11,12 on load but 13.2 on idle... and if i rev the engine it wants to die ,on 440s ,witch did not hapen often with 550 lex. ps need help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    Rich at idle is normal. Keeps it idling smooth. On my megasquirt, I think my idle is in the 12's. When you removed the lex MAf, did you install a stock MAF in its place? Did you use the same electrical sensor from the lex, or a different one. Did you reset the ECU after the change? And if so, have you given it time to "learn" yet. If you used a diff MAF electronic sensor, it could be bad.
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    i changed the maf,and kept the same electronic,but did not reset the ecu. took a smal ride and its a litle weaker. i also gave it time to lean out whent to 14.7 one or twice at idle but stays at 13... most of the time.i also vent to the atmosfpher, witch make it stall gets rich when i take my foot of the gas.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    just reset the ecu,and change the fuel filter,balance injector, hight and low dynamic flow 80 and 98,at 800rpm 47 all over and at 6000 rpm 82 all over. almost perfict injectors.
    i now cruze at 13.4 aprox. and idle closer to 14.7, more like 14.3/14.4.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    14.7 is ideal for pure gasoline. I think where you're at is much closer to correct, assuming your running E10. IIRC stoichiometric for E10 is about 14.1. Max power would be about 12.2. Best cruise about 13. So you're closer than you think.
    But all of this depends on how everything is setup. O2 sensors will indicate stioch at whatever AFR it for a particular fuel. For example, E100 is about 9, E85 is a bit under 10 and as above, E10 is slightly over 14. Most gauges and software assume or are calibrated to 14.7 at stoichiometric. If your gauge or software assumes or is calibrated to this then, for example, 14.7 actually is 14.1 with E10 or 9 with E100. So what your gauge or software displays has to have this fudge factor applied for the actual number based on the fuel.
    (To me,) it would be so much simpler if they could just display reality and some can and do.
    But adjusting to this sort of fudge factor is no different than having a speedometer that reads say, 10% fast or slow. You just have to remember which set of values you're using and not make judgements or decisions based on the wrong ones.
    Last edited by ray85p; 06-18-2017 at 08:20 PM.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    when i strat it up this morning, it idled at 13.3 at normal temp. tooke a ride on the streets stop and go for almost a hour never got better than 13.4. i hit the hyway and cruze at 60 mph for 10/15 min. and when i arrived at idle it was at 14.7 i.

ps new rebuilt 2k on it but burns oil .

CelicaSupra.com Member
    toock the car out today , and made som test.befor ride 13.5 idle after ride 14.5 aprox. on cruze 13.4 at 50 mph. at wot 10.1 witch is verry rich. my exhaust is ful of carbon.can a safc neo make a difference...are they reliable...
    thanks guys

Thread Information