Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Injector Info !

45K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  daiphucka 
#1 ·
I have been meaning to post up some info for everyone from when I got a bunch of injectors tested a month or two back. I had wanted to get a set of injectors cleaned for my 7M-GTE - after some research and discussions - I decided to go w/ this place called WitchHunter Performance out in WA (www.witchhunter.com). I had asked if he would be able to test a bunch of misc. injectors that I had since there was much debate about certain injectors - I just wanted to have some real results. I explained the circumstances w/ the several injector swaps and un-confirmed specs. I tried to get as many of the injectors that are common to the stuff I deal w/ - I took hrs sorting and comparing the injectors from different years and seeing what was shared from year to year, motor to motor. I was surprised to find that the later 5M's had the same injectors as the 6M's as well as the later 22-RE's. I gave him the cc's that I believed all the injectors to flow and asked to give as much info back as possible (flow, psi, resistance, etc..) - Here's what I got;

'90 7M-GTE [23250 42010] - 440 cc's @ 43.5psi 2.7ohms
'88 7M-GE [23250 20040] - 308 cc's @ 43.5psi 2.5ohms
early 4A-GE [23250 34030] - 209 cc's @ 43.5psi 2.2ohms
early 5M-GE [195500 0472] - 182 cc's @ 43.5psi 2.3ohms
late 5M, 6M & 22R [23250 45011] - 186 cc's @ 43.5psi 2.2ohms
early 22-RE [195500 0474] - 172 cc's @ 43.5psi 2.2ohms

I must admit that I was wrong on my long time belief that the 7M-GE injectors were only 220 cc's - apparently they are most likely 305 or 310.
I hope everyone finds this useful. It was great dealing w/ witchhunter - they were very helpful and interested in finding out the info for me. Their prices were one of the best as well - only $12 each to Clean and Flow including a full report, replaced filters, o-rings and seals - and a flat rate of $10 to return ship - it was the most stright forward deal I had come across. The guy to ask for is Gordon and either drop my name or let him know you saw it on the celicasupra forums.

See less See more
#6 ·
#8 ·
no, all 7mgte's are low impedance(black top)440cc/min. 86.5-88 7mge's are low(yellow top)295cc/min and 89+7mge's are high(green top)310cc/min

#9 ·
5m's are also high.. man what was i thinking before i opened my mouth.

#11 · (Edited)
williamb82 said:
no, all 7mgte's are low impedance(black top)440cc/min. 86.5-88 7mge's are low(yellow top)295cc/min and 89+7mge's are high(green top)310cc/min
The 7M-GE injector I sent was a yellow top (I think it was from an '88 supra). I was tired of all the mis-information about injectors - I thought this was a great opportunity to actually find out and have all the common ones tested.

#12 ·
Damon

This is great info. Did you have more than one injector of each type tested to make sure that all the units of each type flowed reasonably close to each other? This way you wouldn't be measuring an oddball.

#13 ·
StanS said:
Damon

This is great info. Did you have more than one injector of each type tested to make sure that all the units of each type flowed reasonably close to each other? This way you wouldn't be measuring an oddball.
I had given him a ton of 7M-GTE ones, and a pair of the others. I gave him all the GTE to get the best matched set. W/ the others, even though I was only having them tested, he still cleaned them to assure that they were as close to spec as possible.

#16 ·
Sorry to dig up the old thread...

I am kind of surprised that the 5M-GE injectors were rated at 182 @ 43.5 PSI. Stock Fuel Pressure on a 5M is 36 i thought? Which, if thats the case, then they should be flowing about 195-ish at 43.5... Interesting results...

As for the Yellow Tops, Damon, they are from a 89+ 7M-GE and 'yota rates them at 315. Its actually the exact same injector that the early 7M-ge's had (rated at 295) only ran at a higher Fuel pressure.

#19 ·
Great - its good to see that the results from the ones I had done are consistant. Did you like dealing w/ him? He changed how he charged a little from when I first sent him some injectors (I had my truck injectors done this spring), but it was still a good deal.

#20 ·
Gordon charged $15 per injector (didn't charge for the one with a bad coil) and $7.50 for priority shipping.
Replaced filters, grommets, o-rings, and seals.

What I was surprised with is 16 were sent and 1 was bad and 4 were clogged.
That's 1/3 that really neded work.

My thought was to send in a large number to match the six, but what if you are the average guy sending in just six?

Anyways, if you have an engine out of the car with the intentions of running it again (rebuilt, turbo'd, whatever), I highly recommend testing / refurbishing the injectors. Witchhunter is still one of the cheapest to get this done.

Ken

#23 ·
For those curious:

Denso Injectors 195500-2020 550CC @ 43.5 PSI 13.5 Ohm

These are what I use on my 7M (with the AEM). They direct fit into a 7M if you shave the locators off with an exacto knife. They are high impedance so if you remove the resistor pack it should work fine on a standard 7M. You can get them off 89-92 S2 RX7 turbos. If you go to the RX7 boards you can get a whole set of 6 for about $150. HTH

#24 ·
whats the info to witch hunter? im thinkin of sendin my pte's in to be tested. they were supposedly rebuilt before i got them but i want to be sure before i push the motor hard after its rebuilt. also want to send those venom 830's in just for shiz and giggles to see how bad they are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.