Suprafiends Suspension (and Brake) Setup, incl never done before susp mods! - Page 2

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member drftsupramk2's Avatar
    finally I've been bugging him about this for about a month or too now. great writeup looks like I got some saving to do after the turbo stuff is done this is next. luckilly I got a friend who wants to do this also so i won't have any trouble selling the second set of coilovers. my head hurts that was long. but good writeup Seamus!- btw the trucker thing is suicide steering not quicksteer but I got a laugh out of it any way!-Larry
    -Large Larry
    94 BMW 3 series (black) 84 P-Type (Stolen) (2 Tone Bob S. blue) one owner mint
    85mk2 6mge, Rabid Chimp 6mge, 62mm throttle body(Broken) , 7mge clutch Cover, Act Ceramic 4-PUCK, stainless steel braided clutch line, Rabid Chimp 2.5" cat-back exhaust .(sold)83mk2,mk3 (Rip now currently pop cans)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Seamus, a quicksteer is a gear box placed in the steering column that amplifies movement. The one I intend to use will be a 1.5:1 ratio... So 1 turn of the steering wheel will equal 1.5 turns into the steering box.

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    ha ha, I didn't think it was one of those. Cool, nice to know.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Nice read Seamus.Now I really have brain overload.....
    84 P-type, 7mgte, too many other mods to list, 20k miles on the chassis. 83 L-type, 7mgte/A340 swap, again, to much to list. 85 P-type, basicaly stock, DD.

so i could still use the other type of agx's and not the celica type?And also What do you mean RCA?

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    Do a search on RCAs on this forum, theres several descriptions of what they do. This thread is already too long winded for that But they are the aluminum spacers between my steering arms and strut cases in my pictures. Jim King does group buys on them every now and then, the only way to get MA or RA65 RCAs that I know of currently.

Do a search on AGXs too if you like or check out SupraWes's stickied post in this folder. Most people run MR2 AGXs but I wanted drop in and cheap. You can use any kind of shocks you want, just as long as they can keep up to your springs. The only mod you have to do to run the Celica GTS steering arms is use celica strut casings and have the arms drilled out to fit Supra ball joints.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    yeah, the ones i had worked fine. only thing is they didnt tell me the spring rate and it wasnt listed. im guessing ~400lb rate from other cars iver riden in. i just ordered this set here the other day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

they are the same design i got before, but diff color and mfg. i figure ill go ahead and do coilovers on the front of the blue car as well. ill post back when i receive them and measure the i.d. of the sleeves. btw, the gc knockoffs i had had such a lil clearance that i wouldnt have been able to even put a rubber band on the casing before sliding them on, so yeah, they were pretty much perfect fit.
    william
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraWes's Avatar
    Awesome writeup, thanks for taking the time to do all that. Theres some really neat ideas there.

My explanation of ride quality is like if you asked your girlfriend how the ride was, what would she most likely say.
    Wes
    1985, Super White II, 5 Speed, P-Type
    1992 BMW 325i 4d 5sp, daily funmobile!

04,05,06,07 SCCA CFR West Solo2 DSP 1st place
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Visit the Toyota Sportscars Website
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

AND we get 10% off at Classic Garage using "supragroup" in the discount code!!

KYB Select A Ride shocks for 72-85 Celicas (out of production, still available from Classic Garage)

Now you tell me I sent a set to Denmark a few yrs ago!!!!!
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

so how much more steering are we lookin at? could you maybe get a picture with a stock steering arm compared to what u did. just to see.

Thread Information