Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

More Supra/Celica MKI/MKII In the movies!!

78K views 216 replies 112 participants last post by  SupraFiend 
#1 ·
Here are a few other spotings...

Back to the future...

The Butterfly Effect

DeadHeat

7 Seconds

The Dukes of Hazzard (tv)

Shakedown

Inspector Gadget (1999 movie)

See less See more
#192 ·
Awful movie, but having spent a great deal of time in "Paris, Texas" , I was curious enough to record a 1984 art film named after that town. Disappointed the script doesn't actually take place in Paris, Texas, nor does it even get the geography right, but I felt a tiny bit redeemed of my wasted time when my inner Supra nerd spotted a blue L-type at about 1hr 16 minutes in. ;)

#194 ·
Nice find, i had not seen it before. I found the full video on youtube. If this link does not go to the correct time automatically like it should, skip to watch 26:44-27:20 for a decent view of it, then skip a bit unless you want to see aerobics 80's stuff to 30:45-33:15 or so for more rolling video shots, then skip more terrible story junk to 41:00-46:40 or so for the best car chase.

https://youtu.be/Pja6YQjrxao?t=1604

There might be more scenes, but i couldn't take it. The movie is a real stinker B movie, i just skimmed for the supra scenes. The flick is so bad they don't even list the scenes on imcdb.org :p

#196 ·
It's an 85,,, no 3rd brake light,,,
What's interesting to me is how the car stands out when compared to most other cars from that era,,,
Being in High School in the 80's, I always loved the look of our cars, but never really appreciated how far ahead of its time it was,,,
Looking back at these movies, commercials, and other scenes, the lines on our cars really stand out of the crowd,,,,

Sometime I wish I could go back in time and appreciate my car when it first came out,,,,,

#199 · (Edited)
Click here for another stinker with a MK2 Supra. Amazon Instant Video link to 'The Drunk' movie. The Mark 2 is 3:55 into the movie. There may be more but I couldn't watch an hour and a half to see.

Edit: I think you have to be an Amazon Prime member or whatever they call it to be able to see the link. If you got it then go to 3:57 into it. The scene is about three minutes long. LOL

#201 ·
I've been too embarrassed to admit it before. Bad movie. But not much worse than the one above. I did watch the credits to see if they put my name in there. Damn - twice.

#202 ·
In the very end of the movie "They Live" seconds before the credits roll there's a MKII commercial on the tv in the movie.
(Warning NSFW scene LOL, a total tits scene plus a sexy supra. Double tits!).
It shows a close up of the head lights popping up then a hood shot!! LMAO I wonder if the commercial in the movie was replicated exactly from a real commercial.

#206 ·
Going for the mk2 dork award in netflix's making a murderer episode 1 at 8:47 there is a light blue or silver mk2 on the junk yard pile at the far right center of the screen

#210 ·
On Netflix's "Fastest Car" Episode 5 Javier's Mk2 here is one of the 3 feature cars. BTW you have to watch episode 4. That Lambo owner must be the biggest tool on the planet :D

#212 ·
It's an alright show. I think it could have been 10 or 15 minutes an episode shorter imo. It's a lot of talking and sob stories for maybe an 11 sec drag race. Except for the episode in Detroit it wasn't a bunch of excessive yelling and fake drama like street outlaws which is a plus imo. The mk2 was kind of a poor choice imo. Most of the other cars were straight up drag cars. The end race was a no Brainer on who won either

#217 ·
Oh yeah, we completely finished Netflix's "Fastest Car" show. I really like it! I hope they do more seasons. Of course the shows biggest strength is its biggest weakness too. The format is basically a whole bunch of build up for a single, 1 shot winner take all drag race at the end of the episode, and it's not staged. So it's very fresh to watch a reality type show like this where the competition is real and the outcome is not engineered, but sometimes the person you like the least wins and sometimes the outcome is predictable. And of course it being real drag racing, the format they went with is problematic as the racers get one run only, on a strip they have never run on, that isn't a real drag strip either. A lot of drama from bad starts and such. They really should have allowed for practise runs and occasionally chosen to run again when there's a problem, to make it a more interesting race. Even just a best of 3 format would have helped a lot.

Netflix's Rags to Riches car show is really good too btw. I don't normally care for the hot rod builder shows but that one has a really good format and interesting shop that they follow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.