Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

More Supra/Celica MKI/MKII In the movies!!

78K views 216 replies 112 participants last post by  SupraFiend 
#1 ·
Here are a few other spotings...

Back to the future...

The Butterfly Effect

DeadHeat

7 Seconds

The Dukes of Hazzard (tv)

Shakedown

Inspector Gadget (1999 movie)

See less See more
#28 ·
how do you take screencaps? I have the BTTF movie on DVD and I'll see if I can't check out these other mysterious mkIIs...

edit* nevermind, just took a pic with my camera instead, lol

is this what everyone's talking about? I never noticed it until I was playing with the movie just now

and I tried my damnedest, but I couldn't see anything on the back of that blue/silver mkII, no way to tell if it's an 84 or 85. What I do know is, that in certain lights, silver does look blue...like this super silver car thats a few miles from me on ebay..

#30 ·
Tanyas Mk2 said:
how do you take screencaps? I have the BTTF movie on DVD and I'll see if I can't check out these other mysterious mkIIs...

edit* nevermind, just took a pic with my camera instead, lol

is this what everyone's talking about? I never noticed it until I was playing with the movie just now

and I tried my damnedest, but I couldn't see anything on the back of that blue/silver mkII, no way to tell if it's an 84 or 85. What I do know is, that in certain lights, silver does look blue...like this super silver car thats a few miles from me on ebay..

You're getting close, Tanya. Back up a little and look very closely at the reflections in the glass windows frame by frame on the buildings when the camera is focused on the driver of the Jeep. You should see a reflection of what I think is the front end of a white MKII. The focus is poor due to the camera being focused on the driver, but there is an image. There's also a brown Celica GT parked in front of the bluish silver MKII.

#31 ·
SupraWes said:
I dont remember how late in 85 the movie came out but I would think with production time and editing time it was probably an 84.
I saw BTTF in the theater when it first came out..... :rolleyes: and then I had to see it again at least 5 more times so I could laugh my a-- off during the scene where the huge speaker blows it's guts out. :rolleyes:

Hmmmmm......... I was 23 years old at that time and my dad had just recently purchased his 84 MKII in January of 84, so that would place me in the theater during the latter part of 84...I think. I'll have to jossle my memory cells a bit and see if I can recall a more precise date and time when the movie was first shown.

#32 ·
i saw with all the hype and new movies being found why dont we sticky a thread w/ movie cars sightings?

#34 ·
Hey there is also a part in Jim Carey's Liar Liar, where he is driving home as fast as he can and he causes several cars to spin out in an intersection and one of the cars is an MKII. If I remember I believe shortly after you see a 3rd gen celica drive by too. sorry I don't have any pics to back this up, you guys just gonna have to watch it yourselfs! :)

#35 ·
Hey this my be stupid but if somebody has Karate Kid on dvd check a scene for me. Near the begining where he goes into the rival dojo or whatever.....he sees the blonde kid as they all bow and there may be a mkii that pulls up outside. I can only see the nose through the front door of the place. Just flipping through the channels and caught a glimpse.

#36 ·
Also found a black one, looks like an '84 in Chris Rocks "Head of State"

Check out the bottom right quarter of the pic.

#37 ·
supra85 said:
Hey this my be stupid but if somebody has Karate Kid on dvd check a scene for me. Near the begining where he goes into the rival dojo or whatever.....he sees the blonde kid as they all bow and there may be a mkii that pulls up outside. I can only see the nose through the front door of the place. Just flipping through the channels and caught a glimpse.
Checked the scene. :) At first glance it looked like MKII Supra but after looking at it in slow motion it appears to be a Corolla (AE86) instead.

#38 ·
This may have been posted but... I'm just watching a David Spade movie, Lost and Found, and I could swear I just saw a 85/86 Ptype drive past in the opening credits... check it out to confirm....

#83 ·
I know that it's been awhile since this was posted, but I an confirm that it's a Silver 85 or 86 P type, at about 3:29 into the movie.

#42 ·
SkoonMA67 said:
Also found a black one, looks like an '84 in Chris Rocks "Head of State"

Check out the bottom right quarter of the pic.

Looks like an S12 Nissan or Honda Accord to me.

On a more obscure note, I was watching a documentary on Mississippi Delta Blues last night called "You see me laughin" and ther was a black 85/6 P Type in R.L. Bunside's front yard with weeds growin up all around it. The movie was made in 2000 and he's dead now so who knows where if its still with us.

#43 · (Edited)
I hate to dredge up a old topic.....

But I was watching a chic flic with the wife tonight....Chances are....and towards the beginning of the movie after her husband dies....Robert Downey Jr. was turning left and I notice a 82/83 supra parked on the street.

*edit: Got the shot, also right behind it was a celica....so double score!

#44 ·
In the Lethal Weapons movies...or at least one of them, I saw at least one Supra. I don't have screenshots cuz I'm not much of a computer geek, and I can't even remember which movie it was cuz I watched both the first and third in one night, but I do recall noticing at least one.

#47 ·
Back to the Future release date was July 3rd 1985.

Filming Dates:
26 November 1984 - 20 April 1985

It's HIGHLY unlikely that's a 85 just from a view - can't see the double wing.
There were 84 P-types that did not come with the top wing.

Common sense would tell you the car was a 84 - light blue.

Tanya said:

#48 ·
bracham said:
In the Lethal Weapons movies...or at least one of them, I saw at least one Supra. I don't have screenshots cuz I'm not much of a computer geek, and I can't even remember which movie it was cuz I watched both the first and third in one night, but I do recall noticing at least one.
I saw one in the first one...while they were driving a couple of times.

#49 · (Edited)
mkII said:
:confused: um yeah that is what the title says

More Supra/Celica MKI/MKII In the movies!!
But that's a 3rd gen Celica so the title was abit off refering to Mk1 and Mk2s.

Celicas don't share the same MK designation that Supras do for the same body, IE: 82-85 Celica = 3rd gen while the 82-86 Supra is the 2nd gen. :)

So much false BS on this thread it's unreal.;)

#50 ·
mkII said:
I was doing some research for another guy on a mustang in Menace II Society and look what I came apon in the backgorund :D

Is that the part where kane jacks that guy in the drive thru?

also does anyone else think that the person in the stang looks like hes wear a luchador mask?

#51 ·
Digging up an old thread..

I was just watching (Police Academy 6) agian and when i saw it.. The cop that is very accident prone i think his name is Nelson..Well the criminals cut the power to the city and he is directing traffic and some moths start buzzing him and he causes a traffic jam waving at them..The show a pulled back shot at the end of the scene of the whole jam and the is a dark colored L-type on the lower middle left hand side..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.