Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

More Supra/Celica MKI/MKII In the movies!!

78K views 216 replies 112 participants last post by  SupraFiend 
#1 ·
Here are a few other spotings...

Back to the future...

The Butterfly Effect

DeadHeat

7 Seconds

The Dukes of Hazzard (tv)

Shakedown

Inspector Gadget (1999 movie)

See less See more
#52 ·
Obscure sighting

License to Kill, 1984, with Denzel Washington. Probably a made for TV movie, now out on DVD.
Midway through the movie there's a scene with a mother and daughter playing tennis. Parked on the street behind them is an 81 or 82 Corvette Stingray (shark) and right behind it is a Mk2. Very fitting, as the Corvette was the only non-exotic to outperform the Mk2 in those days.

#53 ·
Revenge of the nerds 1 has a mk2 parked in the street at the university they are attending, right near the start of the movie. silver ptype for those that care

I have been also told of a movie with pimps in it, and he's rollin in a black ptype looking smooth, dont know the name of the movie, could anyone shed some light on this?

#59 ·
OK I seen one last night..dont have a screen shot yet....an 1985 movie called Moving Violations.

Near the beginning there was a 1982/83 ltype, and also a mkI

My wife is starting to hate to watch movies with me....

#74 ·
The MKII's are really Celicas. One (black) is a GT, and the other (Tan) there's no GT emblem on the back, but if you look at the front it's a Celica. The Black GT is right next to the 5th gen Celica. I missed the MKIII though.

#66 ·

Am I the only one that noticed that most of the cars in that shot are Toyotas minus the Jeep and the Econoline?

L-R: Supra, Previa, Corolla Wagon, Old-School Corolla (???)

#119 ·
Don't flame me if this has been pointed out already, but did anyone notice the building the Supra is parked next to is a Toyota Dealership? Would make sense why there's so many Toyotas all in the same shot... Shameless promotion, lol.

Also, I found this on YouTube recently, Yeah, Yeah, I know, not a Supra, but MR2 fans might appreciate this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ1Mi77nogQ

#68 ·
woke up this morning and my mom was watching a movie called the vanishing with sandra bullock. In the beginning of the movie she gets kidnapped and they show a tone two mkii supra serveral times.

#69 ·
I was watching a movie on AMC called Target with Gene Hackman and Matt Dillon. Toward the beggining of the movie they show the street they live on and parked on the opposite side of the street from the dark green mid 1970's Corvette is a 1984 Blupra (rear view).

Later in the movie there is also a 1977 orange Celica hatchback.

*Edit - don't get me started as to how many Trans Ams there are in the movies....haha*

#70 ·
Theres a blue supra in donnie darko to. It flys by when the crazy teacher is at donnie's door talking to donnie's mom its real quick you have to pay close attention.

#73 ·
Just to add more to the geekdom. In the showtime show "Sleeper Cell" at 1:19 ~20 sec in the Season 1 finale when the 2 guys are fighting in the parking lot. Right in the corner of the shot is a Supra or Celica with an 85 wing. That's all you see just the 85 wing and distinctive MkII C-pillar though.

#76 · (Edited)
My wife starts yelling at me from the living room, so I jump up and run in there. She happened to be flipping channels and came across CSI: Miami. It showed a MkII I guess drifting (I saw the tail end of that part) and also had a MkIII in a line of cars. I'm going to go back and watch some more and hopefully get a better look.

Update: It was a rerun, Season 5, Episode 7, titled "High Octane". And it just showed the Supras at the very beginning. I watched that whole crappy show hoping for another glimpse, but nay...

#77 ·
My wife starts yelling at me from the living room, so I jump up and run in there. She happened to be flipping channels and came across CSI: Miami. It showed a MkII I guess drifting (I saw the tail end of that part) and also had a MkIII in a line of cars. I'm going to go back and watch some more and hopefully get a better look.
you trained her well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.