xJZ Swap FAQ - Page 3

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: xJZ Swap FAQ

what about the turbo drains in the N/A JZ sumps? is it there and just blocked off or do I have to get mid-evil on it with the welder?

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    If one had the 2JZGE aluminum portion, the spot exists. However, it is all cast blank. You would have to drill out the center hole, then drill and tap 2 holes for the studs. That is for stock twins.

If you were doing a custom single kit, you would just drill a hole and weld a -10AN aluminum bung.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    The price I posted for the upper pan was from a Toy/Lex/Sci dealer in California. The rest of the parts/prices were just from my local Lexus dealer, over the counter.

Carson Toyota, I delt with the parts guy online on www.clublexus.com, his user name there is SUPRATRD. I actually phoned my order in to Gordon @ 1-800-908-6968 ext. 2384. I have no idea if he still works there since this was in 2004. The two are different people, just to make that clear.

I am also checking into the idea that the oil feed line just needs to be drilled and tapped in the block. I know there is a oil runner down the exhast side of the block, and you can easily drill into it. We are still trying to determine if there is a crossover bore that needs to be done from the intake side somewhere inside the block. At this point, I'm just going to fire up the engine and see if oil shoots out the 1/8inch hole I have drilled. If not, then I'll use the normal feed route and go off an oil filter adaptor plate or IS300 union bolt.
    Someone send me a 2JZ harness that they need fixed, modded, or thinned down. I'm becoming bored very quickly.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Just remembered this little tid bit.

1992 SC300 5-speed alternators use the same plug as my 85. I just plugged it in and upgraded the feed wire to 4 gauge. I also have a 95 automatic alt. and the plug is different, so I can only say forsure that a 92 2jz-ge 5-speed alternator will be a direct plug in for an 1985 auto p-type. Would think you can say the same for any other year MKII.
    Someone send me a 2JZ harness that they need fixed, modded, or thinned down. I'm becoming bored very quickly.

The JZS147 Aristo alternator is also a direct fit for a MkII alternator plug. Was a nice bonus when I discovered that.

thanks guys.i am collecting parts(and fund)for the swap.this is very helpful.

CelicaSupra.com Member Suprafanatic's Avatar
    I believe we have about 5 front sump swap sets in stock, complete with ALL componenets, both pans, etc. They will bolt on to the 1JZ, 2JZ from any platform. If it 's a JZ series block, it fits. - email for details.
    Cheers, Canadian Phil adrenaline"at"gto.net
    84 Maroon P-type - 82 P-type w/20K - 82 LP track bitch - 91 TT-R - 94TT 6spd - 89 Soarer Aerocabin
    "I'm not from here - your laws don't apply to me."

I have a question regarding the powersteering lines, are you guys using powersteering with a 1JZ into say an 83 chassis?

Anything come close to bolting up?

Apparently RA65 Celica power steering lines work nicely.

CelicaSupra.com Member Chrisfrom1986's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacrssgus14
    1992 SC300 5-speed alternators use the same plug as my 85.
    Any idea on the amperage? p/n from a parts store?

Thread Information