How to decypher your firewall data plate - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Here, read this on info for your W57 vs. the W58: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_W_Transmission
    -Chris

1983 Celipra GTS:
    6M bored .50 over. 250cc injectors. Delta 272 regrind cams. Carter HF fuel pump.
    Pacesetter header w/2.5" cutsom exhaust. Open air intake filter. 3" piping to TB. 65mm TB & ported AFM.
    4:10 rear from Supra. BillyM shifter kit. Swapped most interior over to black. T3 camber plates.
    935 Budget Coilover kit. KYB AGX struts. T3 Needle bearing upper perch kit. Eibach Sport rear supra springs. SF Ford TFI Performance coil.
    Almost finished with the fiberglass hatch!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Junaid K View Post
    If my diff ratio is 3.73, is the common ratio not 4.3? If what I read is correct, does this mean that I will not have to change the diff, as the 3.73 is long enough for the 7MGTE & therefore the correct diff to use?
    The normal diff ratios wouldn't apply to the cars outside of the US. In Canada, it is pretty much the same but almost every car had a LSD(other changes in options too). All of the F code diffs that are in the MA60's should have roughly the same level of strength. However the 3.73 would be a little better geared to the extra power the 7M makes.
    Current fun car: Black 86 with 7M-GTE/W58/3.58/TrueTrack, 300whp, 13.5@102.
    Wifeys Car: Burgundy 84 Auto and stock. Previous Daily: Two Tone Brown 84 Cressida: Sold and helped it get a 7M/W58 Swap
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Tire Shredder Hidden Content
    "surprise! this one runs 11s biatch"

CelicaSupra.com Member Junaid K's Avatar
    Thanks....much appreciated. At least I know that I need not change my gearbox & my diff ratio suites the application of my 7MGTE conversion. I actually have, including the one in my car, two Supra diffs. I guess then that I can assume they are both 3.73.

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

an F293 would indicate which axle ratio?
    Jamie: 1985 Supra 2JZGTE Twin Turbo / R154 / TrueTrac 3.73 / Megasquirt MS3 PRO
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    My 2JZ Swap Guide Hidden Content

From Toysport...

4.10 2 pinion LSD

http://www.toysport.com/Technical%20...ifications.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mk2-1jz View Post
    an F293 would indicate which axle ratio?
    Regards,
    Arch
    '86 Supra MA67
    Brullen 2.5" Exhaust, HKS Fly w/7MGE clutch,ST Springs, RC Intake & TB, 2.8GT & XX emblems, Factory Add on Rear Shoulder belts, Pioneer DEH-P2000 AM/FM/CD w/CDS-P5000 CD Player, Compomotive CXNs 8x16

Well, mine apparently came with a 7.5" 4.30 2 pinion LSD, but I have no idea what's in it now. All the links in the OP are dead though so I can't figure out all the other codes. I do have the same model code as in the op though so there is that.

Yea The Data Plate Decipher Link Is Dead, When I Click On It It Just Says Not Found.
    Hidden Content "Who Needs A Radio, 5mge Is Music To My Ears."

You can always jack the rear wheels off the ground, and turn the drivehaft by hand while counting the number of driveshaft rotations vs the number of rear wheel rotations.

Mark the shaft and tire with chalk so you can keep a count of the number of turns you make.

If the driveshaft turns less than 4 times for one rotation of the wheel, you've probably got a 3.73.

If the driveshaft turns more than 4 times for one revolution of the wheel, you've probably got the 4.30 gears.

Been doing this since the 1960's, and while it won't give you the exact ratio, it sure gets you in the ball park when there's only a few ratios available!

Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

Thread Information