Megasquirt thread - Page 22

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Got my 7mgte ms3x running and driving finally using the stock 24+1...there is a rare sync loss under heavy load around 2000 rpm though. For example cruising speed in fourth then just stepping on the throttle there is some sync loss but it revs cleanly at all other times. Just a little trouble shooting now. I had to adjust the trim pots a bit to get mine to work right. Rising edge vs. falling edge didnt benefit me at all. I didnt have to use any resistors inline with the sensor, and I used the shielded wire that came with ms3x.

Ill share a bit of my set up...7mgte ms3x,Toyota 24+1 CPS, VAG 4 wire coils, GM IAT, GM coolant temp, GM TPS, GM IAC, (GM throttle body), 14point7 wideband sensor.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

That's good to hear. I'm trying to clean up sync loss code 11 & 17 via the trim pots.

Any more info on your progress on cleaning the signal and not getting an error?

Would it be possible that using the G2 instead of the G1 would also help?

Set up - MS3 + MS3X, 7mgte w/550's and a Holset h1c, and other stuff.

It's the weirdest thing TerrenceLP, I had a minor oil leak in the CPS so i took it apart to change the bearing and oil seal, and upon reassemply i accidentally tapped both the shaft and the sensor with my brass face hammer. Unfortunately breaking G1 pickup. So i swapped it out with another G1 sensor i had from a spare CPS, rewired it, and regapped it. And now i no longer have sync loss ever.

The only thing i did differently this time is instead of using a peice of paper for gapping the sensors i used a receipt. It is possible that the small oil leak had an effect of my sync as well. Ive heard of some people having success using G2 just need to adjust the trigger angle accordingly.

I still have some timing tuning to do, and after start enrichment/warm up enrichment but no longer have that really annoying hard stumble under load.

Btw what else are you running for your setup there Terrence?

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    Well, went to Jose H's house again today. Major progress. We got it running correctly. Turns out that the coil was wired backwards so A and C were reversed. Got that sorted and it started and ran like a normal car again, though a bit rough. It was way too rich. drove it around on auto tune awhile and it clean up considerably but occasionally had some hiccups. We narrowed that down to the Accelerator enrichment settings. We looked up what TPSdot actually meant, and figured out the problem. took only a couple of min to fix the accelerator enrichment issue. Then we drove it again and man, it is running good! It still needs some more driving time with auto tune and also the idle control valve settings to be perfected, but it is drivable as is!

Now, does anyone have their Idle control valve working properly? And if so, can you share your settings please?
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

CelicaSupra.com Member Jose H. 3's Avatar
    Bump for what William said... Took the car out again yesterday and it is running even better with some more running with the autotune... but the idle gets pretty high 1200-1800 because of the idle control valve... not too sure how to set it in Tuner Studio. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks for William goes out for all the help he did to get my car running again!
    Jose H. 3 **Formerly mkII85supra**

I've got more motorcycles than cars... 6:2 ratio...

I have an 84 celica supra with a 97 aristo 2jzge with a holset hx35 turbo setup using megasquirt. I was driving it the other night and turned around a corner and it lagged for a couple seconds and pushed past it and stayed active and ran fine, I then drove it and parked it while I ate and then went back out to leave and it started up fine again, went around the same corner believe it or not on the way home and the same thing, lagged for a second and pushed past it. parked it for the night and when I went to leave the next day it would not start, I pulled my coils and wires and 3 of my cylinders were full of oil. so I replaced my valve covers, coils, and plugs, cleaned it all up, and now still nothing. was thinking after that maybe gas? so I put 5$ in (only had a small red can) and still nothing, I am getting fuel to the fuel rail for sure tho. finally I checked my fuel pressure regulator and its pushing 10psi. but!!! I checked my megasquirt and none of the 3 lights that usually illuminate when I crank are turning on. any ideas? all fuses and relays are also perfectly fine. please help. cmk5793@aol.com or ask for phone number if you need more info

CelicaSupra.com Member
    If the LEDs are not coming on, this is a decent sign that your 5V circuit is dead or shorted out. Pull the MS and put it on a stimulater to see if it runs.

-John
    82 Supra: L Type Terra Cotta Hardtop stock 7MGTE MegaSquirt 2 (set up for racing)
    82 Supra: P Type Black built 7MGTE MS3 400HP (cruiser)
    95 BMW 318TI: Daily Driver

Quote Originally Posted by munro701 View Post
    It's the weirdest thing TerrenceLP, I had a minor oil leak in the CPS so i took it apart to change the bearing and oil seal, and upon reassemply i accidentally tapped both the shaft and the sensor with my brass face hammer. Unfortunately breaking G1 pickup. So i swapped it out with another G1 sensor i had from a spare CPS, rewired it, and regapped it. And now i no longer have sync loss ever.

The only thing i did differently this time is instead of using a peice of paper for gapping the sensors i used a receipt. It is possible that the small oil leak had an effect of my sync as well. Ive heard of some people having success using G2 just need to adjust the trigger angle accordingly.

I still have some timing tuning to do, and after start enrichment/warm up enrichment but no longer have that really annoying hard stumble under load.

Btw what else are you running for your setup there Terrence?
    Hello again, it's been awhile but I'd like to share where I'm at with my set up. Currently it's at the machine shop as I'm getting a full rebuild with forged piston 83.5mm, All ARP Studs & bolts, Aluminum Flywheel with Action Clutch and OEM Disk (all balanced from the crank pulley to the pressure plate.)
    More detail list here - Click

As for the set up, I did the rebuild as a result of the clutch slipping all to hell once the car was dialed in. And pistons 5&6 were leaking.

Holset H1c 12cm2 divided t3 turbine housing 60mm exhaust/50mm compressor wheel, small but very responsive.
    Tube header divided and hi-temp coated, full 3" exhaust from turbo vband. Driftmotion's exhaust, classic vehicle so cat-less.
    550cc injectors low-z through a Acura legend resistor box.
    1zz smart coils
    MAC valve Electronic boost control
    44psi MAP sensor
    Bosch BOV, the 18psi one i think, it's the stiffest one you can get.
    50mm HKS KO WG with 18lbs spring - open vent
    Innovative wide band with gauge - MTX-L
    ETS intercooler 3" core
    44psi fuel pressure
    T-6 5w-30 Rotella Diesel Oil - I can hold almost 9qts, even in 110 degrees and hard pulls, this oil never quits!
    and stuff I'm forgetting...

A lot of heat shielding, aluminum radiator mishimoto, and Canton Racing 10 -AN oil filter relocation kit for a ford with a mocal thermostat to a lytron cooler.

end result

Here is my tune file for MS3 set up. I can get the Idle valve setting if you still need them. I drove this tune almost 2000 miles in less than 48 hours across the country is all types of weather, preformed flawlessly! Big Props to the creator of the file,
    http://perfecttuning.net/wp/

Tune File - Chick Here

I'll check back but can be reached at terrencelp@gmail.com

Been working on my 5mge with a microsquirt runs decent now
    Going to post the link in this thread as it might help someone with their tune
    Pump gas and E85 tune for 750cc injectors

http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/sh...th-Microsquirt
    5MGTE CT26 Microsquirt E85
    Hidden Content

Thread Information