Megasquirt thread

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member cheappower82's Avatar

Megasquirt thread

I occasionally have people asking for VE and spark table numbers, after start enrichment, crank settings, etc., etc.

I've been very slow to respond (sorry, I'm a lazy-ass), but I'm going to try to be pro-active in the future. PM's only inform a limited amount of viewers (the one's who ask for the info), so why not have this info readily available?

For those who want to share their progress (or problems), please post in the following format:

Engine type: i.e., 6M-GE
    Ignition style: list its ignition trigger (distributor, Cam Pos Sensor, Crank Pos Sensor, etc), ignition source (MSD, stock ignitor/coil, coil packs, COP, vb921's, etc.), and any VR conditioners (HEI module, Bosch, module, onboard, etc.)
    Fuel system: fuel pump(s), injector quantity, size, and resistance, and any other contributing factor regarding fuel
    Periferal sensor types/part numbers: MAP/MAF, TPS, Coolant, IAT, and EGO (wideband, narrowband, or none)
    MS hardware type: v2.2, v3, etc. (include and addon boards and special board configurations like jumpers and relays)
    Software: Megatune version, extra firmware, and any other associated code
    Other mods that may further affect MS: non-factory throttlebody, water/meth/alch. injection, engine stroking/destroking, different cams, additional injectors, cold start idle motors/valves, etc

Display screenshots of (if convenient) or describe settings, VE and Spark maps, and configurations in Megatune. You'll find that people choose very different settings to get their specific applications to work well with MT.
    Include all periferal sensor readings: coolant temp, intake air temp, EGO, TPS, RPM's, MAP readings, injector PW and duty cycles, etc.
    Datalogs are nice, too

Describe any environmental conditions (ambient and intake air temps, barometric pressure or elevation, etc.)

Remember; more information you volunteer offers a greater chance for your situation to be rectified. Let us know what has worked for you and what hasn't. What seems to be insignificant may be detrimental to a future problem, like resistor values, relay setup, wire sizes, etc.

Also remember to fall back on the megasquirt forums http://www.msefi.com Those guys constantly see new problems and promptly try to correct them.
    Last edited by cheappower82; 09-15-2006 at 09:36 PM.
    85 P-type No-JZ
    87 Volvo 245 wagon lm7+t
    04 CTS-V
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

If you want to create a post with important MS info I can go ahead and sticky it if there is a demand.
    1985 Super Silver Supra 2JZGTE
    2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ FA20
    2001 Black Sand Pearl Corolla 1ZZFE
    "You can never go fast enough....."

*demands*

(and that .doc listing out step by step of how to ms the stock harness)

I still want your base maps...

--BillyM
    White 85P - Blue/Silver 85P
    -------------------------------
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Here's my latest setup:

Late 2007 compilation - 6M-GTE

MS v2.2 board w/*error daughterboard
    MT version 2.25p1 w/extra code 029y4

Ignition: distributor, msd6a/accel coil, 36-1 wheel for trigger
    Fuel: 720 cc injectors, walbro 255
    EGO: LC-1 wideband

Mods: turbo

Settings/Maps:

Last edited by cheappower82; 03-31-2008 at 10:29 PM. Reason: update
    85 P-type No-JZ
    87 Volvo 245 wagon lm7+t
    04 CTS-V
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member yumidraco's Avatar
    so nwho exactly has an megasquirt installed and running on there supra?
    Hidden Content Hidden Content 85 Supra 1jz-vvti
    Hidden Content
    mods:hks intake, Hks ssqv, tomei 8280, tomei cam gear, poncams, tomei outlet pipe,3in. dp/elbow, hi flo cat, 3in exh. w/ 3in. inlet/dual 2.25in. out muffler,

I have recently swapped in an 86 Cressida 5mge from a 5me (ADM). The car is running on the stock 5mge ECU but as soon as Im happy that it is setup correctly and I have done some "measuring" ie Gtech tests and a few lap times from my local track I will be installing the Megasquirt I have sitting on my computer desk.

1983 Supra (Australian spec) with 5mge (1986 Cressida GLXi with knock sensor)
    Megasquirt v3.0 main board
    Megasquirt 2 daughter card running 2.6 code

The engine will remain stock as in no performance modifications, (will drop in a worked 2jzge in about 12 months time)

My plan is to use the stock distributor sensors for my ignition trigger and run the coil directly (vb921 circit). Is it going to be that simple or will I find problems with the stock gear ?

Cheers, Tim

CelicaSupra.com Member SuperSubs's Avatar
    I can sadly report that I had my car finaly started and idling with megasquirt II V3, but due to a costly electrical fire at the front, now at a dead stop and tearing out all existing wiring and in process of painless wiring.....

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSubs View Post
    I can sadly report that I had my car finaly started and idling with megasquirt II V3, but due to a costly electrical fire at the front, now at a dead stop and tearing out all existing wiring and in process of painless wiring.....
    Man, that sucks (well congrats on the MS success).

Expand on your v3 board configuration; let everyone know what you had do to the board and what extra circuits you had to build.

I'm thinking of converting to a v3 board and running vb921's, but it would be nice to see how it's working for others
    85 P-type No-JZ
    87 Volvo 245 wagon lm7+t
    04 CTS-V
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSubs View Post
    Damn, thats no good with the fire, but atleast the car was running. What did you do for your ignition trigger ?

Do you think the MS caused the fire? Hope things go better next time.
    Black '86 6MGE 5spd W58
    Terra Cotta '83 W58
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

Thread Information