Megasquirt thread - Page 3

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    bring back this thread a little bit.
    ive desided to go with MSnS-E...so let the fun begin...
    i plan on using a stock distributor along with my Accel super coil for spark...
    440cc injectors for fuel now...ill get to bigger injectors soon enough...
    ill be keepin it under 8psi until other mods have been taken into consideration(like fp ) newb q:anyway to test a fp for flow? for some reason my pump is screamin, fuel level doesnt seem to have an effect either...previous owner said he replaced the pump, but no specs...he also said he replaced the engine...and that was a 6m...so im wondering...

something im kinda stuck wondering on is wideband? can you datalog with lap top and mega tune or do i need another program?? do i need an lm/lc-1??? im just confused on it...

currently i have a friend here in town who has successfully built his MSII and is willing to help me learn and build my own...so bare with me, im still kinda a newb at this...i dont wanna rely on him for all the questions. lol

anyhelp is appreciated...

yes im on the ms forums(msefi & msextra) but id kinda like to post more here, for you guys have supras...not random cars and can answer questions more directly(no guessing games) tho not everyone here is ms knowledgeable...
    Regards
    '95 Corolla 367k and going(DD)
    '80 2dr Corolla 6m s366+W58+G series project; after 140mph 10'sHidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

You can do it on your computer. You can do logs and from those logs there is a program that help get the fuel map better according to some algorithm, that is if you start close to what you need.

The logging program is called mega log viewer

This should get you going in the right direction.

http://www.msefi.com/viewforum.php?f=25
    Black '86 6MGE 5spd W58
    Terra Cotta '83 W58
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    also, if you need 440's with clips lmk. i got some. pigtail o nthe clips isnt that long though, but enough to soldier.
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member cheappower82's Avatar
    You can tune as well as datalog with MegaLog Viewer, also auto tune the base fuel map. I'm not good with it, but I'm learning.
    85 P-type No-JZ
    87 Volvo 245 wagon lm7+t
    04 CTS-V
    Hidden Content

thanks guys. i should be ordering the kit in the next week sometime... im ordering the MSI ver.3 board, Wideband 02, water/air temp sensors(i need the water temp correct? or is the stocker good?), a 2nd map sensor for altitude correction, and the 12' pigtail harness... this will get me started... i posted a question on what needs to be done with the stock distributor to make it work... Donnie said and showed me pics of his distributor and he just ground all the teeth off but 6 evenly spaced ones... but someone on the msefi forum said that i could just grind 6 evenly spaced teeth off?? im confused on that... i get the concept on how vr sensors work, but can you just setup ms to read it that way or what?

Have any of you guys delt with the usb adabtors?? ill be buying a lap top from a buddy soon and i was just wondering if you guys have delt with them or not? opinions?

O, and sorry william, i got my injector clips already, thanks tho!

THANKS guys!
    Regards

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I use a USB serial adaptor just about every day at work. No problems pretty standard now.
    Engine: 7mge with a T
    Suspension: Worked
    Brakes: Solid
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW85 View Post
    (i need the water temp correct? or is the stocker good?),
    The stock toyota one will work. you need to do a temp correction in megatune and burn it the MS and you will be se.

a 2nd map sensor for altitude correction,
    You can try this If you have not bought your primary sensor. I will be getting this when I get closer to installing my system.
    http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/m...ion-p-117.html

Have any of you guys delt with the usb adabtors??
    USB adaptor works for me. I bought it through the DIY autotune site.

For the dizzy I ground off the teeth and left 6 evenly spaced teeth. I have not tried it and I will ge going a different route now.

Darrow
    Black '86 6MGE 5spd W58
    Terra Cotta '83 W58
    Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content - Hidden Content

thats map looks like a nice little piece

can anyone send me a link that explains in detail what i need to do to the distributor?
    Regards

This is the Biggest issue in my book. Basicly mod the dizzy pickups, and hook it up to the MS BOX and use the right settings. Very vauge but that is the basics. No one has really put up proven info yet.
    Current fun car: Black 86 with 7M-GTE/W58/3.58/TrueTrack, 300whp, 13.5@102.
    Wifeys Car: Burgundy 84 Auto and stock. Previous Daily: Two Tone Brown 84 Cressida: Sold and helped it get a 7M/W58 Swap
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Tire Shredder Hidden Content
    "surprise! this one runs 11s biatch"

CelicaSupra.com Member cheappower82's Avatar
    I hope some of you v1 guys try the dual VR circuit; I think if you can get that to work, it'll open more opportunities (like COP)

i'm trying to get some ECU plugs for a fuel only PnP; guess I shouldn't have sold my only spare ECU's. if anyone has a bad 83-86 ECU, please hook me up
    85 P-type No-JZ
    87 Volvo 245 wagon lm7+t
    04 CTS-V
    Hidden Content

Thread Information