stock tire size on a 85 Supra and other sizes??

stock tire size on a 85 Supra and other sizes??

Ok on my 85 Supra the tire size is 235/60/r14. I think that I may have a hard time finding this size. I need to get 2 new tires for the front. The rears are great.
    My main question is, what was the stock tire size on the Supra? Is it a 225/60 or 235/60? I like the look of the 235/60. Its nice and wide.
    Any ideas?
    This may not be the right forum for this but I dont want to spam any other threads.
    1985 junk in the works.
    header, 2 1/2 exhaust. some rust soon to be fixed. mis-matched doors in need of a paint job.

I CANT SPELL

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    225/60 is the stock size.
    I'd consider it a personal favor if you did not show up at the meet. you can just disappear.

CelicaSupra.com Member funky_monkey58's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4runninghank View Post
    Ok on my 85 Supra the tire size is 235/60/r14. I think that I may have a hard time finding this size. I need to get 2 new tires for the front. The rears are great.
    My main question is, what was the stock tire size on the Supra? Is it a 225/60 or 235/60? I like the look of the 235/60. Its nice and wide.
    Any ideas?
    This may not be the right forum for this but I dont want to spam any other threads.
    the stock size is 225/60r14 the 235s in the rear and 225s in the front seems to work out great on our cars.
    1983 p type (the mad max supra) 5mgte-sold
    1996 honda prelude Daily Driver
    1987 supra turbo7MGTE full port job comp springs HK$ MHG, Custom FFIM, Q45Tb 3" charge piping, GT4088, AEM EMS, A1000, RC720cc injectors, rebuilt bottom end,50mm wastegate, N2O

thanks Tanya for the sig!
    BillyM's Shift-Gasm install on R154
    http://forums.celicasupra.com/showthread.php?t=35972
    Quote Originally Posted by My little bro
    Your car is so slow I can fry an egg on its turbo!

Quote Originally Posted by funky_monkey58 View Post
    the stock size is 225/60r14 the 235s in the rear and 225s in the front seems to work out great on our cars.
    Wow fast replys. That sovles that. 225/60 in the front.

Is it hard to find 235/60 for the rear?
    Also any 225/60 to stay away from? I'm not use to messing with small tires.

this is what i'm use to.
    the small one 235/75/r15
    the big one 16/35/15 NOTE NO R on the 2nd one.

1985 junk in the works.
    header, 2 1/2 exhaust. some rust soon to be fixed. mis-matched doors in need of a paint job.

I CANT SPELL

CelicaSupra.com Member scorpmatt's Avatar
    Avoid the Les Schwab specials, otherwise known as Grand Am Radials. Cooper Cobra's are a hit and miss for some. Just pay attention to the little details in the tire markings and you should be much better off.
    Brat, 83 Supra, 7m-gte, Multi year project
    Rex, 85 Supra, 6m-ge, SOLD
    Quote Originally Posted by 4SFED View Post
    I don't see a problem here, you should rant about something important like when ignoramuses see mkII and say emkaytwo instead of MarkTwo like they should. WTF is an emkay 2? It's a MARK 2! BITCH!

CelicaSupra.com Member Road Ripper's Avatar
    The 235's are EASY to find! They're always available at Fleet Farm, and sometimes can get lucky at used tire places or junkyards. The only problem with this size is since it's not the "correct" size for the car, some places will refuse to install them. Tell them to find the "correct" size tire for you, and they can't do it! That's how hard the 225-14's are to find! That's probably why your car has the 235's all around.

You can still find the 225's if you know where to look, get lucky, or have them special-ordered. There's only a small handful of manufacturers that still make this size. The 235's look perfect on the rear with stock springs in good shape (not sagging rear end).

Some people like to run 215/60R14's, but I think they look too small. My car is stock height, so maybe it looks better on a lowered car. I just don't like all the space in the front between the top of the tire and the fender. The 225 in the front looks better, but I think my front end needs to be lowered a tad to make it look perfect. Tire selection really comes down to how the car sits and what is readily available around you. Hope this helps!

Edit: Has had the BFG's and liked them. Also, the Widetrack radials I have were made by Firestone, and they're doing alright.
    Last edited by Road Ripper; 01-03-2007 at 09:18 PM.

Dan (DragonLady's husband) *RIP Tyler (2yo son lost to cancer)
    1986 P-type (Ruffian) black 6M 5 speed (formerly Lexusboy's), sitting.
    1986 P type MKII 2tone night blue met/silver met. 5MGE auto, waiting for summer.
    2005 Dodge Magnum Magnesium Pearl - new family car!
    2000 Chrysler Town & Country - Charcoal, family/stuff hauler

CelicaSupra.com Member
    235/60/14 all the way around so you can rotate.
    My first and second sugestions
    1. Firestone Firehawk Indy 500
    2.BFGoodrich Radial T/A
    Also thers an AVS tire out there that alot of people like-use search if intrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Road Ripper View Post
    The 235's are EASY to find! They're always available at Fleet Farm, and sometimes can get lucky at used tire places or junkyards. The only problem with this size is since it's not the "correct" size for the car, some places will refuse to install them. Tell them to find the "correct" size tire for you, and they can't do it! That's how hard the 225-14's are to find! That's probably why your car has the 235's all around.

You can still find the 225's if you know where to look, get lucky, or have them special-ordered. There's only a small handful of manufacturers that still make this size. The 235's look perfect on the rear with stock springs in good shape (not sagging rear end).

Some people like to run 215/60R14's, but I think they look too small. My car is stock height, so maybe it looks better on a lowered car. I just don't like all the space in the front between the top of the tire and the fender. The 225 in the front looks better, but I think my front end needs to be lowered a tad to make it look perfect. Tire selection really comes down to how the car sits and what is readily available around you. Hope this helps!

Edit: Has had the BFG's and liked them. Also, the Widetrack radials I have were made by Firestone, and they're doing alright.

I found some cooper and BFGs 235's and 225'. they wanted like 80 bucks each on the low end. and they had to order them.

Edit: also I looked all day today and no one had any used. I looked for about 3 hours and made a crap load of calls. Fawk.
    1985 junk in the works.

I CANT SPELL

Personally, I would go with 225/60's all around. Mostly for rotating tire purposes.

Yes, avoid those crappy ass Grand AM Radial GT's. Walking crap.....

The ones that are currently on my A-List are either the BFG Radial TA's or the Yokohama Avid S/T's.

"AVS Tire"????? Hopefully not the Yokohama AVS Intermediates!!! They have not been available in the 225/60/14's in North America for about 13 - 15 years or so. The AVS Intermediate model itself was discontinued about ~5 years ago.
    Chris Eng
    1981 MA47 Silver Metallic 5ME Automatic
    1985 MA67 Super Deep Red 5MGE 5-speed
    Member PacNW Supras/www.celicasupra.com

Quote from Popular Science
    Despite the constant physical and--judging by the twitchy, panicked expression--mental punishment inflicted on him by Dr. Bunsen Honeydew窶冱 experiments, Beaker keeps coming back for more. Clearly the Jackass crew grew up ingesting a healthy dose of these Muppet Show regulars.

CelicaSupra.com Member Angkistrodon's Avatar
    235 futuras...Running 4 for about 2 years(not the same tires, but same brand)cheap!!! No problems yet...lol

Thread Information