Wheels that fit a Mk2 - Page 125

Page 125 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125
Results 1,241 to 1,244 of 1244
    CelicaSupra.com Member
    Hey all, I've been reading through this thread and doing some research on replacing my stock p-type wheels. I've been looking at these XXR 550s and trying to determine if they will fit without major modification to the suspension, flares, etc...Here's what I'm looking at:

Front: XXR 550 17x8.25 Chromium Black 4-100/4-114.3 [+19mm]. Tire size = 245/40/17
    Front: XXR 550 17x8.25 Chromium Black 4-100/4-114.3 [+19mm]. Tire size = 245/40/17 (maybe 265 or 275)

Here's the link to the wheels with more info. http://www.nlmotoring.com/XXR-550-Wh...0.htm?CartID=1

I plan to run Dobinson lowering springs front (40mm drop) and rear (20mm drop) and AGXs all the way around. I've not installed these yet. No other mods to the suspension. I'll be running stock brakes for now and eventually upgrading later at some point.

Running the numbers on willtheyfit.com "http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=225&aspect=60&diameter=14&wheelwid th=7&offset=8&width2=245&aspect2=40&wheel_size=17& wheel_width=8-25&offset2=19 shows the wheel will be 26.9mm closer to the suspension strut for the front and rear. Seems like I'll be awfully close to hitting or rubbing something. I haven't purchased custom wheels and tires before so pretty new to this whole process. Will these work? Will I need a spacer to close the gaps? I read too wide of spacer causes stress to the wheel bearings. Any comments or suggestions? I like this style of wheel so if I'm way off on the sizing requirements then I'm open to other options. I almost pulled the trigger on set of ROH Snypers but wasn't quick enough. But I like the XXR spoke style better anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

8" +0 all around is pretty standard starting point, factor in that lots of folks run a 20mm spacer out back(even with stock wheels too) to get the wheels out closer to being flush and give more clearance inside.

8" with 245's up front is where you want like +10 offset to give maximum clearance under compression, so 10mm slip on spacer up front would make that work. In the back you'd want like a 20mm spacer to stick it out to a more reasonable location.

The bearings isn't the big deal, the most stress is put on the wheel studs. You'll want to upgrade to ARP studs if you run slip on spacers, and i would stay clear of bolt on ones unless you are feeling lucky. The spacers you get should be hubcentric also, so that will set you back a bit.

Honestly i'd go from some of the 16x8 +0 or 16x8.25 +2 XXR's that are also on sale, save a bit of money and give yourself some peace of mind.

If you search for staggered or stagger on ebay you'll find some good results sometimes
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NS-Wheels-MD...FWgya8&vxp=mtr

Rota Grid, RKR, RB, and RB-R should have some good results too.

What brakes are you running?

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gamble View Post
    8" +0 all around is pretty standard starting point, factor in that lots of folks run a 20mm spacer out back(even with stock wheels too) to get the wheels out closer to being flush and give more clearance inside.

8" with 245's up front is where you want like +10 offset to give maximum clearance under compression, so 10mm slip on spacer up front would make that work. In the back you'd want like a 20mm spacer to stick it out to a more reasonable location.

The bearings isn't the big deal, the most stress is put on the wheel studs. You'll want to upgrade to ARP studs if you run slip on spacers, and i would stay clear of bolt on ones unless you are feeling lucky. The spacers you get should be hubcentric also, so that will set you back a bit.

Honestly i'd go from some of the 16x8 +0 or 16x8.25 +2 XXR's that are also on sale, save a bit of money and give yourself some peace of mind.

If you search for staggered or stagger on ebay you'll find some good results sometimes
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/NS-Wheels-MD...FWgya8&vxp=mtr

Rota Grid, RKR, RB, and RB-R should have some good results too.

What brakes are you running?
    Thanks for all the info man and suggestion. I like 17s a lot but sounds like 16s are easiest to fit. I'm running stock brakes now. I have cressida front calipers that I plan to rebuild and throw on with some good pads and rotors. Some day will go bbk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Those sizes are just fine, but run a 5-8mm spacer in the front (MVP/Q45 brake upgrade would be perfect, skip the cressida's) and a 20mm adapter/spacer in the rear.

Skip the 16's as the tire options are getting really limited and will continue to dwindle.

Cheers,
    billyM
    White 85P - Blue/Silver 85P
    -------------------------------
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thread Information