Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Picture of the day

2M views 10K replies 613 participants last post by  Speedrye 
#1 · (Edited)
I have seen this done on a few other forums, so I thought it might be a good idea for this one.

The purpose of this thread is so people can share a picture they have taken without creating an entire topic for one picture.

Its limited to pictures that each user has personally taken.
And one photo per day, try not to clutter it up with just random pics and a million responses..
Try and stick with a quality photo, instead of posting for the heck of it.

This is not just for Supra Pictures.

I am not sure if there are a lot of serious photographers on this site, so this might not be the best topic for celicasupra.com, but I figured I would give it a shot anyway.

See less See more
#9,951 ·
Wile I was doing shoping with my wife, we saw this car:

I speak 5 minutes with the owner, very good guy! I was surprised to learn that this is an original one. This ST was directly imported from Japan in France in 1972 (never sold in France). The first owner keep it till 2013 with a total restauration in 2000. Some few mods have been done to the motor to give it about 120hp.

We will meet soon.

#9,961 ·
Gave my car a wash today since it was such nice weather :)

Also cleaned up the interior a bit

I dont want to spend to much polishing it though since the paint is really bad. But i dont really have the time right now to respray it :(
The car feels so good to drive now in the summer with the sunroof open :thumbsup: Now to enjoy a cold beer! :mm_beer:

#9,966 ·
May you be blessed with a free set of 85L wheels with killer tires all ready to go. Or, whatever your preference is. At least the 85L wheels take decent sized tires and they fill the wheels wells much better than the earlier ones. And they don't look like both the wheels and tires shrunk from getting wet.

#9,967 ·
My tires are small ones because I want it that way. I LIKE my "L" tires and wheels.
Yes,the "P" types are bigger and better.
My car is a daily driver. It ain't a hot rod,but it's not stock. It's my car and I do what I want with it.
Cut a HOLE in the hatch for fuel pump access? Yeah.
Put "P" type wheels and tires on my"L" DD? Nope.
17's? Nope.
Lowered to the dirt? Nope.
Guilty of "RICE EXHAUST". Shame on me.

#9,974 ·
Hey I ain't telling you to do anything with your car. You could paint it pink and have baby seal skin hubcaps for all I care :)
Tanya, you've shamed me as a Canadian. Why didn't I think of baby seal skin hubcaps. That would be sheer elegance. Hmmm..

Dale

#9,971 ·
Hello gang, I am still alive and do still have my mk2! The car is still running and driving great, I drive it from time to time but not as often as I should or would like to. I have made some small changes here and there on the car, but some big upgrades are currently in the skunk works right now. I finally have had a set of killer forged 3 piece wheels on their way from Japan after waiting 4 months for them to be built, and I think it's going to be a huge change for the car. Big thanks to Malloy for never stopping his quest to see me get rid of my "fake" wheels, it was a big dive but i'm glad I made it! :laugh: I really hope to get out to more shows this year before it gets cold, mostly around the Chicago area once the car is set up on its new shoes.

Wheels should be in my hands tomorrow, but tires have already arrived. I'm either an idiot or just a glutton for punishment, but i'm looking forward to the hacking challenge to try and fit these 315/30/18 Toyo R888r's in the rear and be the first to run 315's on a mk2.

I'm really hoping this is a possibility with creative trimming and ride height, but if it just isn't possible without serious sheetmetal work, I will be returning the Toyo's and running Pilot Sports in 295 on the rear again. Tire selection for 25" diameter and very wide tires is becoming scarce, making it hard to match brands and tread patterns front to rear with a staggared setup. Thanks again Mike Malloy for the hookup and motivation for the wheels, i'm pumped about them!

-Mike

#9,973 ·
Thanks Jim!

Big news, is that THE WHEEL IS HERE! And by wheel, I mean singularly, because unfortunately only a single wheel showed up today, with the other 3 delayed for delivery tomorrow. Of course, it was a skinny front that showed up instead of a nice fat rear, but i'm still not complaining with that beauty! <3 <3

Huge thanks to Mike Malloy again for getting me the killer hookup with the guys at RavSpec for a full set of Work Meister S1 3 Piece wheels, with gloss black lips, matte black centers, and the bling bling gold hardware! I'll leave specs out till I have pictures of all the wheels together, but I am super happy with the outcome. 4 months was a long time to wait, but well worth it. Tires in front will be Toyo R1r 255's to match as a milder version of the 315 R888R's out back.

More to come!

-Mike

#9,975 · (Edited)
Crazy wide wheel 'n tire setup Mike ...can't wait to see pics :cool:

To keep them from oxidizing while in storage, I gave my polished P-types a base shot of Plastidip - ready to roll next year with a new set of rubber. I dipped my L-type wheels metallic bronze a few years ago and they've held up nicely (so much easier than polishing).

...either that or throw my seal skins on 'em. :sarcasm:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.