Thoughts On No Mor Friction
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member suprahusker's Avatar

Thoughts On No Mor Friction

I want to know if anyone has used a product called no mor friction. I have used it a couple of years. My experience was a life saver. I bought it and put some n a few years ago in my 86 toyota tercel. I work as a traveling nurse in nebraska. I was 220 miles from home, I checked my oil before I left for home and added some oil, and I then drove home 45 miles to the interstate and then 175 miles on the I-80 @ 75mph. The next morning went out to my car and there was this what I thought was sap all over the sides, the front on the bumper. I thought the tree exploded. I touched the stuff and it was oil. I quickly opened the hood and seen that the oil cap wasn't on there. I pulled the dipstick and not a drop on there. I put 3 qrts and it brought it just past add. I said a prayer and started my car. Sounded just like the day before. No noise no knocking nothing. My mechanic said I that I blew most of my oil out after a few miles. I am glad to say that was 100k ago and my tercel is still going. I know it was from the no mor friction that I put in. I use in all my cars. it sells for 25 a pint and well worth it. Has anyone used it before? Your thoughts
    Preston (GO BIG RED)

1 Champagne 82 L-Hartop RIP
    1 Black 82 P-Hardtop Parts Car

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

'No Mor Friction', never heard of it. Who makes it? Were you hearing any knocking before you found the oil filler cap missing?

CelicaSupra.com Member modmonster2007's Avatar
    well im glad to hear that your car didnt stall during your drive on the freeway in the middle of no where, cuz then that would really suck...
    In the process...

1984 Toyota Celica Supra - SOLD!
    2003 Toyota Corolla - Rebuilt & SOLD!
    1988 Toyota Supra N/A - Project Car
    1993 Toyota Corolla DX - Daily driver

CelicaSupra.com Member Tire Shredder's Avatar
    know way to know if the additive you put in was the cause of your motor being saved. perhaps it would have ran for a while with no oil at all, perhaps you still had some in the pan.

I for one am not a fan of extra additivies like that. you could get too much of something, perhaps counteract another additive too. millions of dollars has been spent on research and development of oils. I say pick a quality oil and stick with it, save the $10 on that bottle of additive, step up to an even nicer oil filter (mobil 1, K&N etc.) and save the left over $5 for the next oil change.
    Black 7M-GE 84 P-type Hardtop

No knocking what so before or after you can find www.nomorfriction.com, driving 225 miles with no oil cap is not good. But I firmly be leave it was the additive. Check out the website, read for yourself.
    Preston (GO BIG RED)

I put most of these oil additives on the same plane as the tornado and those cow magnets on your fuel lines. A lot of them are just machine tool oil or ATF in a different bottle.
    1985 Super Silver Supra 2JZGTE
    2001 Black Sand Pearl Corolla 1ZZFE
    "You can never go fast enough....."

I'm skeptical. Also, pulling your dipstick doesn't mean there's no oil in the car. It means you're missing over about 1.5 quarts if nothing shows up on the stick. I doubt the car was 100 percent out of oil.
    --Peter--
    85 Supra P 6M-GE

Well, heres my 2 cents worth:

About 8 years ago I had a Chevy 3/4 ton pickup with a 350 small block V-8. Rebuilt the motor, bored 0.30 over, put a cam in for pulling a trailer, etc.

After it was broken in, I treated it with Slick-50.

While a friend had it on the road out west, pulling a loaded trailer, the oil pump drive shaft sheared. The truck did not have an oil light - only a pressure gage. It was driven at least a mile past when the hydraulic lifters collapsed and started rattling.

I wrote the motor off and we loaded it on a trailer and hauled it home. Pulled the oil pan. Found the sheared oil pump shaft, but NO metal or any other scary things in the oil - so let's see what happens. Put a new oil pump in it and fired it up. As soon as the lifters got oil, it smoothed out and purred!!

The truck has more than 40,000 miles on that motor since with NOTHING else done but regular oil changes - doesn't use oil, doesn't smoke, just runs. It's still running today!

Can't speak for No Mor Friction, but I have seen with my own eyes (and ears) what Slick 50 can do.
    79 MkI, Black Metallic, owned since '82, in restoration - paint done! suspension done! 5ME motor going in soon
    83 MkII, Terra Cotta, p-type, stock
    85 MkII, Super Silver, p-type, 1JZGTE, Turbo 350 Trans
    86 MkII, Black, hardtop, p-type, 6MGE, 5 Speed - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - (Chronic MGSS )

CelicaSupra.com Member

Unhappy

glad car is ok, but sounds like snake oil to me, interesting web site hasn't been updated since 05.

ok my tercel only has 3.5 qrts and it took 3 qrts to bring it past add
    Preston (GO BIG RED)

Thread Information