Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

BillyM Shift-Bushing Kit

206K views 750 replies 260 participants last post by  Luskyyy 
#1 · (Edited)
The Product
Toilet paper Adhesive Material property Household supply Adhesive tape

Toss your shifter into third gear, now wiggle your shifter side to side. *If you've got more than 1/4" of travel you most likely suffer from a worn shift socket (every w58 I've ever seen has had it) *No problem you say? You'll just replace the bushings? Negatory, that only replaces the shift seat and knuckle bushings. Replacing the socket shouldn't be much harder, right? *Ready to cough up over $125 for the parts and pull/split the tranmission to fix it? *...nah, me either. *This option allows you to do it all from the shifter hole to great result. *I slam gears on my 7m mk2 race car with this kit, the precision and solid feel assure I never miss a shift. *I wake up, snick my celica GTS into gear, and roll out along my daily duties, without the wobble ever-present on the stock shifter and no noticeable increased vibration or noise. *The shift feel on this kit eclipses anything you've ever felt in these cars, I promise.

This shift bushing kit is a drop-in option for repairing the worn shift socket within the transmission (#3) WITHOUT dropping and splitting the transmission (and paying Toyota ~$100 for the part). *The kit also comes with a delrin shifter nuckle bushing (#2) and an upgraded delrin seat bushing (#1) to finish up the set. *I guarantee this to be the best shifter feel, with over 350 already sold, the positive feedback is ROLLING in... *Don't be left wondering if you're shifting into second or fourth, fix it right, fix it once, and enjoy it!

see below for bushing arrangement
Rectangle Font Parallel Slope Diagram

Install instructions are HERE. *<-- *THIS IS IMPORTANT

Payments and Ordering

Please click through to w58bushings.wordpress.com for paypal/CC payment/shipping options
*These are now stocked items, and they ship out same or next day.

Thanks,
--billyM

See less See more
#3 ·
thats the info ive been waiting to find out as well. if this works for the r154, im in......

#4 ·
There are two ways to figure out if it'll work for the r154 guys.

A: Take some measurements on the steering nuckle of a r154 for me. I need a picture from the top down, and a measurement of the three visible rings' (as seen in my instructional thread) inner diameter. (First person to do this will get some compensation for their time.)

B. Wait until someone else with the r154 fits it.

Let me know,
--billyM

#7 ·
When my kit arrives I'm trying it on the R154 I dont even have a w58 around anymore.

#9 ·
It fits the R154 However the brass bushing is not necessary, as toyota did not use a bushing in the R154.

#11 ·
#15 ·
How much for the plastic pieces only???

#26 ·
All payments up to this point, your parts are packaged, postaged, and ready to ship tomorrow morning! Congratulations on taking part in what is probably the fastest group-buy to EVER go through (one week from the first payment to shipment is AMAZING). Toss it under the tree for added christmas cheer (while your family looks at you like you're a big dork for ordering yourself silly car parts for christmas).

The buy goes on, so you guys on the fence or waiting till after the holidays (or christmas money) keep sending them on and I'll let you all know when the next batch go out.

I'm heading out of town in two days for a few, but I'll be back late next week. I will try to keep internet access, so feel free to contact me for any questions or concerns.

--billyM

*edit*
Eric, you caught me typing and beat me to it. I'm sorry to say that you'll be in the next batch, as I'm out of the seat bushings, but as soon as I have the next set I'll have yours out ASAP.
*edit*

#28 ·
ill grab the "plastic only" bushing for the r154. thats $20 right?..... paypal will be sent in a few....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.