Wipers 101 - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wipers 101

Does anybody knows where I can get an electrical diagram for windshield wiper motor??? I have problems with this, when I use the wipers, later unless the control is in off position, they working for a few minutes. the motor doesn't stop in the stop position neither.
    Regards,
    Carlos Mario

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

2JZ in the hole
    Carlos...it sounds like your wiper motor is starting to go bad. Make sure the ground wire has a clean ground. I don't have wiring diagrams scanned...really should have them in my computer I guess. Might try posting up in the mechanical section and see what someone might say there. Thanks!
    Mark

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Varkwso View Post
    Thanks for the help and I will be calling today...
    The stuff came in great this week - unfortunately I cannot use the parts since I have a 1983 Supra. Guess I am junkyard bound to find some arms we can actually attach the front wipers too.

The rear was a bolt on (literally).
    Hidden Content 1983 and 1985 Supra P-Types, 1987 Supra, 1981 Z28, 02 ZO6, 99 Corvette Fixed Roof Coupe, 05 GTO, 08 HD Nightster, 99 F250, 97 Suburban, 98 GMC Dually, 95 Bronco, 88 944S, 88 Mustang (CMC), 78 Nova, 73 Chevelle SS, plus a few others

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member Dangerous Ken's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ra24man View Post
    This thread is to help everyone understand wipers. Many people get wiper blades and wiper inserts confused, and calling them the correct name is the difference between $3 and $12...plus shipping

85220 is the BLADE
    85190 is the ARM
    85221 is the RUBBER INSERT

Here's a little comparison shot. The top BLADE is well known to most of you. It is the factory blade off of a MkII Supra. The lower blade is your Brand-X replacement blade you get at the local parts store

Hope that helps everyone understand not only what they have, but what they may need in the future! Thanks!
    I just went through this for a 1984...

On top is the passenger side INSERT (rubber only)
    Passenger side BLADE (comes with rubber)
    Driver side BLADE (comes with rubber)
    Driver side INSERT (rubber only, flipped over showing installation instructions)
    Driver side INSERT (rubber only)

I tried to get them all in one pic with the part numbers visible.

If you buy a new BLADE, it comes with the metal strip that accepts the rubber INSERT (and the rubber INSERT).

I had a non-Toyota wiper 'Refill' (trico?, anco?) and found it inferior to stock.
    When you cut down the non-toyota 'Refill' (the plastic back bone and rubber), there is nothing to prevent the rubber from walking out.
    The Toyota INSERT is made to 'lock in' to the metal back bone of a Toyota BLADE.

And a question for Mark - Are the 82/83 wiper BLADES (with included rubber INSERT) still available?

Ken

2JZ in the hole
    No Ken, the 82-83 blades and arms would have to be updated to the 84-85 blades and arms in order to replace the blades. This is a problem...arms are discontinued, so what to do?
    Mark

CelicaSupra.com Member Dangerous Ken's Avatar
    No Ken, the 82-83 blades and arms would have to be updated to the 84-85 blades and arms in order to replace the blades. This is a problem...arms are discontinued, so what to do?
    Price just went up on my 82/83 wiper arm stash

I'll admit, I kind of knew the answer as I got everything in the picture when I asked my local Toyota Parts guy to get me wipers for a 1982, 83, and 84 Supra (3 cars worth).

I'll do some comparing though and see if that metal back bone from the 84/86 BLADE can be fitted into the 82/83 BLADE and ARM.
    Then to 82/83 owners you can sell the rubber INSERTS, just have to buy a 84/86 BLADE for the metal back bone.

Ken

CelicaSupra.com Member

wiper

6 hours to change motor 1 hour to change bladed. Yup

Still scouring junkyards for a 84/85 with reusable arms....
    Josh England

CelicaSupra.com Member denvermk2's Avatar
    wow.. .thx for the thread.. It is idiot proof! (perfect for me)
    Hidden Content
    Robin
    1985 Silver Supra P |2002 Audi A6 Avant | 2008 Subaru Outback XT
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member supergregotti's Avatar
    I went to advance auto parts, and picked up some Trico refills pn#47-700, and so far, they work great. Only bad thing about them is they are molded a bit different, and they don't slide on easily, but if you have patience, they will slide through, and as tight as they go in, no way they will slip out when in use.
    Freeway on-ramps rule!!!!!!!Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Black stock 86P
    Terra Cotta 83 6mge Daily Driver
    -GregO

Thread Information