Rusty's 7M-GTE Build Thread - Page 2

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    CelicaSupra.com Member pimptrizkit's Avatar
    it's not that i haven't heard it, i just dont belive he'll push it THAT hard with that much power.i dont see much more then 600 hp, on the dyno. and 450 track and street drivin.

yes the new blocks have more external webbing, and the web's inside for the mains appear thicker.

the crank is counter balenced, and the head has atleast 7 different casting's, but i remember reading on sm a few years back that some one had counted up to 13 different cast mold's. between all the jdm, n/a, turbo, and usdm n/a turbo cars. & group A.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

lol, ahh invasion newbies.

The early 7m(87-88) had the 6m crank. The latter 7m(89+) had a much better balanced crank. Smoother and quieter are the two adjectives that come to mind contrasting both early and later 7mgtes. However, the 6m cranked' 7ms have a higher redline and rev-limit.

The 89+ head is also better. The displacement volume of the intake ports are greater since the divider between both valves is negligible. On the 87-88, that divider is quite prominent and sharp. Have heard of Mk3 peeps talking about differences in cam profiles but no hard data has surfaced. And, the jury is out on which type of 7m will can and will hold more power.

Ok, that concludes my post for this month.

On BTW, just take some Scotch-Brite to the cams (lobes and bearings), then mic 'em. The TSRM lists the specs...

CelicaSupra.com Member williamb82's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMk2 View Post
    Just some recommendations, but if you are going crazy with the build you might want to seek out the later 7M block and head. Also the 650 injectors are overkill for a CT turbo. You should take the smallest injector you need for driveability.
    why? my car idles perfect with 780cc/min injectors? if he puts 650's in there he can upgrade the turbo later and the injectors are already ready to go. just make sure he has the pump to keep them fed and the management to run them.
    william
    Hidden Content black 84 7mgte, MS2, truetrac, bbk, etc...soon to have 2jzgte and t56
    Hidden Content blue 85 beater
    Hidden Content black 86 triple weber 6m in the works!

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

it'll be a walbro to start, and if we experience any fuel pressure issues, via electronic fp gauge, we'll add another one and run two.

Can't wait to see it finished.
    Mitchell

Ordered More Stuff

I ordered the 1.4mm Titan Motorsports Headgasket from RRevMotorsports on Friday, also ordered from DriftMotion.com the CT-26 57 trim along with the Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator install kit and the 255lph Walbro pump. Will post pictures when the stuff arrives, the turbo is currently backordered about two to three weeks. *sad*

Have Intercooler piping, various 7M odds & ends (cams that aren't scored, valve covers, etc etc) that I need to round up along with ordering the injectors, MAFT-Pro and a few other gauges and things. If I have the money & time prior to the AKA Rally I'll be upgrading the suspension to the KYB AGX w/ the complete bushing set and getting the Konig Rewinds. I am going to HAVE to replace/rebuild (preferably rebuild) my diff. The clutch packs are getting more worn by the week *lol*.

Rusty

kmfdmk...let me know when you're ready for some intercooler piping and exhaust!
    -Aaron
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Lakewood, WA

Providing parts and service to Mk2 Supra owners since 1999
    Send me a text message: 253-353-5140
    Last day of business will be 12-31-13

Or we could get you a little dirty Rusty and make your own exhaust piping and intercooler piping =)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
    Or we could get you a little dirty Rusty and make your own exhaust piping and intercooler piping =)
    Not like I haven't done that before ;D

More stuff!!

Some of the original detailing on the NA valve covers starting to flake off.

The other one still looks pretty good, but still going to through the parts washer.

Valve Covers and Cams, we had issues getting the Exhaust cam gear bolt off (obviously). Going to let the machine shop handle it.

New exhaust gasket for getting the exhaust side portmatched.

New (well good) Valve Lash Adjusters/caps/buckets whatever. These ones are ok.

Titan MotorSports 1.4mm Metal Head Gasket

The thing looks 100% metal w/ brass? rivets holding the layers together.

Close up detail of the gasket. Looks like a 0.3mm layer, a 0.8mm layer and another 0.3mm layer. Just guessing, no Micrometer to check.

looks very close!

almost time to buy the i/c pipe and exhaust stuff... t-bolts and coupler's so on.

Thread Information