Rusty's 7M-GTE Build Thread - Page 26

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    CelicaSupra.com Member mk2 supra's Avatar
    Great to see things happening on the car. Any updates?
    7mgte Holset H1C, P type convert w/ digi dash, w58 (for now)
    Drift/Drag/Street Build thread-Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    12.66@116

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Wow, just read from start to finish. I was mainly looking for information regarding whether having the crank knife-edged has been a good thing or could it have contributed to any issues with the key or any issues? I have a 6m and researching if/when I need to open the case.

Great build....lots of info.

Chadrick
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

I'm not sure if knife edging the crank contributed to the keyway issues or not. However with the information at hand I would suspect that it did indeed contribute to the rapid wear issues.

Considering the facts:

Stock Balancer combined with Stock Crank = OEM setup/configuration
    Stock Balancer combined with modified crank = modified configuration. Ergo the system is not OEM and the pulley / balancer now had to do more work to keep things in balance/ the system is not as "in tune/balance" as an OEM configuration. HOWEVER, the ENTIRE rotating assembly was balanced together by a reputable and trusted speed shop (since closed after the death of the owner ).

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

I'm getting back on the horse so to speak. I'm back working UXO work in the Vancouver, WA area and have my car, wife and daughter with me. All three great and amazing things. So in the time not consumed with family matters and taking care of my beautiful baby girl, I plan on getting a MS3 setup and running on my 7MGTE (in the black chassis I bought from James/pimptrizkit).

The list of things done is outweighed by the list of things remaining to be completed.

Done:

Strip, prep and paint engine bay with POR15.
    Install engine/tranny into bay and tighten mounts.

To Do:
    • Strip, prep and paint rear subframe
    • Install Fresh Rear Bushings and Swap in my Modified Rear Subframe
    • Have fresh fuel and return line made and run it to the engine bay from the tank.
    • Install new filler neck gasket and mount/plumb and wire tank.
    • Install Driveshaft
    • Strip, prep and paint front strut assemblies
    • Install rack bushings and front suspension bushings
    • Mount PS reservoir
    • Have SS braided PS lines made and install
    • Fab and mount oil cooler & thermostat
    • Mount remote oil filters
    • Plumb Oil system lines
    • Finish FFIM and ancillaries
    • Fab and mount Oil Catch Can
    • Fab IC Pipes surprises are coming
    • Mount IC
    • Re-Fab DP and mate to exhuast
    • Mount MS3X v3.57
    • Order new injector clips
    • Wire the MS3X to the 7M running CPS :\

• Fab exhaust to incorporate 3" exhaust cutout
    • Swap out welded diff
    • Design & CAD stress rear GT wing mounts
    • Finish rear airbrake wing.
    • Install CF Hood
    • Finish Fenders and Doors.

Drift / Race the shit out of it

CelicaSupra.com Member mk2 supra's Avatar
    Sounds good man!
    7mgte Holset H1C, P type convert w/ digi dash, w58 (for now)
    Drift/Drag/Street Build thread-Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    12.66@116

It's been a minute since I posted. Life as a father has been keeping me busy. My daughter just turned 1 last month, and it's been fun but doesn't leave much time for anything else.

I have gotten the front struts, control arms and rear subframe cleaned and repainted. I've also got 2 12' long pieces of 3/8 -6 AN steel fuel hard line with stainless mounting brackets ready to install, and the bulkhead fittings for the fuel tank are on the way.

Next is to clean out the tank, remove the old and rusted feed and return outlets and plumb the new lines. I'll have to drop the rear subframe to do it right though.

I did get the rear camber mod installed and welded up on the rear subframe and got it painted.

I'm looking forward to my two weeks vacation coming up at the end of December. I'm going to be spending all my time in the garage getting the beast running again.

I'll keep you all up to date as I go.

Oh, I did buy the wife an early Christmas present last week. Finally found her a Scion xB. It's an 06 auto with only 47k on it in black sand mica or whatever kids are calling it these days. It's actually really really fun to drive (unloaded/empty at least), and way easier to get the kid in and out of.

I'm installing 6 led dome lighting strips above the doors since the single dome light output is abysmal. Why they didn't even bother with a cockpit / map courtesy light I have no idea. Can't see a damn thing up front near the floor at night with the stock light.

Bringing this back from the dead. Currently making headway getting the MS3X wired in. Hope to have it cranking by Saturday, but maybe next weekend. We'll see. I'll post pictures as I can.

Soldered a new CPS plug onto my CPS after determining that the G1 & G2 sensors were in the wrong pin locations (plus old plug was old and busted). Picked up SS Wool for my oil catch can, and a bung to plumb into the turbo inlet. Ordered 2x pressure transducers for the MS3X for Oil Pressure and Fuel Pressure, and ordered weatherpack connectors and a new boost control solenoid, as well as a Serial to Bluetooth adapter for the MS3X, picked up 10qts Valvoline 10w30 (about a 9 quart dry fill), picked up a reducer bushing to fit the Oil Temp sensor, and ordered 2 new knock sensor plugs from Vancouver Toyota for the 7MGTE MegaSquirt wiring. It's not as bad as it seems, despite 2x 37 pin plugs (for 74 pins total) only 14 are critical/inputs on the MS3 plug (rest are unused or grounds) and 27 or something like that on the MS3X plug. I've got my work cut out for me.

Great to see you back at it! Thanks for the update.
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; Hidden Content ; 2007 Tundra CrewMax TRD Supercharged; Hidden Content ; 1967 VW Beetle (Her Classic)
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by CLToy View Post
    Great to see you back at it! Thanks for the update.
    My parents live in McConnelsville, Ohio, and my wife used to live in Grantsville, WV / Stumptown) I'll have to hit you up and get some coffee. I didn't become aware of you until I moved out to the PACNW. I still have my original MKII parked out back of my parents place. It was overheating and I'm pretty sure it's the suicide hose, but the things you learn all these years later makes it look so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by kmfdmk View Post
    I'll have to hit you up and get some coffee.
    Sounds great. Let me know when you are in the area!
    Chadrick
    Hidden Content

Thread Information