Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Complete Mk1 Picture Post

65K views 111 replies 43 participants last post by  Double X 
#1 · (Edited)

Please contribute any photos you may have if its your MKI or not XD
NOTE: try to avoid peice close ups and interior and engine shots if at all possible!

See less See more
#93 ·
Hey guys,
Need help with something...
Have a co-worker with Mk1 in storage. They were wondering if original pinstriping on the quarters were curled or not. They think it was hand painted or something.
Thoughts?
Not a Mk1 guy... help appreciated and pic's.!

#96 ·
Hey that's awesome! Another MK1 and its in Ontario! Original pin stripes were hand painted on, most were replaced with the acrylic ones as the handpainted ones faded within a few years. Is this MK1 Black? A work buddy of mine said he sold his years ago up around Sauble, it was black and he was told that it got parked away somewhere.
I would be interested in hooking up with him, I have parts and alot of answers if he has questions!

Josh

#94 ·
Cant remember if I posted these pics here yet??

#97 ·
Hey thanks! Good to know. That's cool the older Japanese buggers hand painted stripes on! That's awesome!
Anyways, I will pass that along
This is a hometown car actually. These people have had the car for like 10 years. They bought it off some elderly couple.
Oh and ya it's a 1979.

#98 ·
There is the chance as he was from Owen Sound and I think it was an older dude that he sold it to, this would have been 20 yrs ago. Also I have a '79 parts car as some parts are specific to that year.

#99 ·

took it out of storage, drove it for a bit and its bucking bad and wont go past 3 grand. think when i replaced the dizzy cap over winter i bumped the distributor out of time. oh well, gotta get the ignition system re-timed now

#100 ·
Dude, the symptoms you describe perfectly match with old fuel, and a clogged filter. Just my 2.

#103 · (Edited)
I thought i would update my Supra's photos as it has changed a bit over the past few years.

These are some of the images i received from the previous owner before she shipped out to me.

Here she is on the trailer being delivered.

At her new home. First cruise pictures.

Fogs, eyebrows and new wheels

With one of her many parts cars. Not that she needed it but i was on a mission to get parts to keep her running for many years to come.

Parts car and driver number 2! You can see the first parts car in the garage getting stripped.

Addition of front air dam, side louvers and new fogs.

Leather seats and door panels.

Magnaflow exhaust.

Addition of three piece stereo.She originally had just the head unit and a cassette.

As of today.

#106 ·
Awesome! Have you thought about pin stripes?

#107 ·
No i really haven't. I think it may be a necessity if i do a partial repaint. I may need a place to hide the transition. At the moment the paint is actually buffing out pretty well. May avoid that for a while. This car really is a fantastic driver. Drove it to work today. Just love it. Still need to sort out a few silly things but nothing big at all. Hard to find rust free MK1's around here. Thanks for the compliments guys.

#108 ·
Montana 7 license plate? Miles City, right? Used to spend my summer up in Jordan with my uncle who owned the lumber yard up there and had a cabin up on Ft Peck

#109 ·
Here is the new addition to the stable. 1979 MA46 with 52k original miles. Almost every option and feature works, just needs some bulbs replaced and a good sanding. Paperwork says it has been a car in the south all its life.

Reactions: ddd228
#111 ·
YAY! Another proud MK I Supra owner!:salute:

Maybe you have already sourced some parts.
Stick around and you will learn a lot more.
These early Supra guys really know what's up.
Welcome to the tribe.

Reactions: AJ
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.