Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

Complete Mk1 Picture Post

65K views 111 replies 43 participants last post by  Double X 
#1 · (Edited)

Please contribute any photos you may have if its your MKI or not XD
NOTE: try to avoid peice close ups and interior and engine shots if at all possible!

See less See more
#42 ·
Patrick,

I take it that this is a 81??? Which paint scheme??? The Code 297 (Black/Silver), or the Code 2A3 (Deep Red/Beige)??? Can't really tell w/ the B/W picture.

Heh.. The 79 wheel covers & steelie wheels are throwing me off as well. Must be another Canadian Spec thing..... :ugh:

#44 ·
My first Supra that I had in '90 was an '80 Sept '79 build date, it also had the steelies and hubcaps. For hubcaps I thought they looked OK! I think the alloy's were an option in Canada. But the LSD was standard! :duh: Ha Ha!

#45 ·
Josh,

I'm betting it was "another" one of those oddball Canadian differences.

79, the wheel covers & the steelies were standard & the aluminum wheels were options (on the US cars). In 80, the aluminum wheels became standard for the US cars.

<--- 1 of these days I'd like to get my hands on the triple set of Canadian Spec MKI Sales brochures. I've seen parts of the 79's & 80's online somewhere (it's been years & I can't remember the URL).

#48 ·
Brendan,

Start a new thread for it. Will be much easier to find it.

For those wondering.... Aussie website that has pictures of the Canadian Spec MKI Sales Brochures.

#51 ·
#55 ·
Did you notice the rear hatch sunshade? Kind of like the top part of the 85/86 MkII sunshade.

I just picked one up on Rinkya - will try to post photos this weekend.

#58 ·
How does this look:

It's even got a little hole for the rear window washer to spray through! :)

(and no - the Celica in the bottom photo is not mine - it's the photo from the yahoo.jp auction page)

#61 ·
+1 for Derek's MkI

#64 ·
Toy Cal 1

Just got pic off eBay?? Never ever heard of it before??

#65 ·
Arch,
It was a one-off concept car. Never went into production. I understand it was designed/built by Toyota's California design house (hence the designation CAL-1).

I think it was supposed to be Japan's answer to the El Camino! :)

Here is another photo of it at a car show:

And another I just found with Google:

Source: Stepho’s Toyota Site said:
It was based on the prototype Supra, which was a stretched version of the Celica.

The CAL-1, Supra and Celica were all designed at Calty, Toyota’s California design studio.

The rear decking opened into a pair of rear seats and the rear window opened into a wind deflector for the rear passengers.

Further portions of the rear decking could be removed to make it into a pickup.

The front was identical to the new Supra (not yet in production) and similar to the 1979 face lift used on the Celica.

Even though it was designed in California, it was right hand drive and had Japanese front mounted mirrors.

#66 ·
Thanks Karl!! Very Cool indeed!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.