5/6mgte Link/Write Up Compilation - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CelicaSupra.com Member CelicaDrifts's Avatar
    how did everyone mount there inter coolers?
    i have a stock 7mgte ic. ive got no ac or ac cooler so there is room. i just cant seem to get lucky and line it up with old ac mounting holes. getting annoyed and ready to self tap it there...
    1984 Celica Supra - black - sunroof - 1uz project.
    1987 Suzuki Samurai - long wheel base - flat deck project - fully locked chromolly axles w/ 3 inch lift

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

this is not a thread to ask questions.
    it is simply a link compilation thread. There are many other threads that that coulda been asked in, or a new one made.
    Scott~~~85SDR5mgte Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Sponsord by DIYautotune.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

CelicaSupra.com Member toysupguy's Avatar

Links don't work on 5/6mgte Links

Half of the links no longer work. Please verify and delete, specifically most of the ones that point to celicasupra.com.

Quote Originally Posted by 84ptype View Post
    this is not a thread to ask questions.
    it is simply a link compilation thread. There are many other threads that that coulda been asked in, or a new one made.
    85, white/burgundy, 5MGTE
    89, gray/gray, 7MGTE

5. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toysupguy View Post
    Half of the links no longer work. Please verify and delete, specifically most of the ones that point to celicasupra.com.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    1983 P-Type MK2 Supra- 5MGE (Black)

very helpful but many of the links didn't work

^^^^^^^ what they said. I've heard lots of people ran turbo setups on stock injectors and ecu.....I really want to know if this is just hear say or not.
    Thank god its not a DSM! Yay reliability!

I know i'm going to come off as a dick here, but here it goes...

The very fist link in the first post is to a mirrored version of a no longer working link using http://web.archive.org/ to show the page as of 2008. This will work for all of the other sites listed. Simply paste the url into the site and it will show you snapshots of that site through the years.

For the forum links that are 404'ed just look at how the URL looks now versus then and you can make them work.
    Take this link that does not work: http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/co...te+Fuel+system
    Put the thread ID 43460 and put it into how our links are now formed and it works fine: http://www.celicasupra.com/forums/showthread.php?43460

If you have any specific questions you can't answer by reading these links you can just search for it if you use site:celicasupra.com in google like so:

This is not a thread for asking questions, it is a list of things to read, and if you can't figure out how to read the links using tools already on the page you might struggle tossing a turbo on your car. Start another thread after you've read a few things and ask questions with what you are unclear on. This is a forum for collaboration, not just a site with all the guides in the world to walk you through whatever you want to do. Hop in some recent threads and engage in the discussion. Read some old threads/pages and take notes on them, you'll be amazed what sort of information is already out there. We are all on here doing this for free for the love of the hobby, so maybe treat it like you are also here to engage a little bit. Hell toysupguy asked about the links not working almost a year ago and still went on to read up and do some research, and posted a thread asking specific questions he had and we are working through them as we speak.

This isn't directed at anyone in particular, just a common theme i've been seeing lately. Rant over. Hopefully my useful info is enough to cancel out the rant :P

CelicaSupra.com Member CRF_Rider's Avatar
    Wow, blast from the past. I miss that car. Shortly after I finished it I got laid off and had to sell it.

I'll get 5MGTE.com up and running again in the next couple weeks. I still have all the site files, just have to setup a virtual host on my web server and get the files uploaded.

I still look through local C.L. adds at the MKII's wanting to do another one but alas I think my supra days are long over.

<off to hide again for bringing up an old thread>
    Mark
    88 T 5spd SR (SOLD)
    Hidden Content
    85P 5M-GTE (Now with another owner)
    Hidden Content
    It's "ORE-GUN" not "ORA-GONE"

Quote Originally Posted by hoganhughes View Post
    very helpful but many of the links didn't work
    http://archive.org/web/

That should help with most of them. Some of them may be lost after such time.
    Scott~~~85SDR5mgte Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Sponsord by DIYautotune.com
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Thread Information