What did you do to your Supra today? - Page 303
Page 303 of 314 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3132
    Supra,THEN your truck.
    Actually I'm glad to hear that news.

I have the "spring fever" today and I did gardening chores.
    Freddie's had grass seed and DIRT. Fits in my Supra. Sunflowers and garlic and tomatoes.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

CelicaSupra.com Member
    It seems like the obvious option but life without a truck immediately after life with a truck is a crappy thing. "Hey I'm gonna (fill in the blank)...shit I don't have a truck."

I'm not hauling road mix and branches with the Supra, or going on extended dirt road adventures. BUT it'll love the 1J. The stupid little problem refuses to die and at this rate it'll cost as much as the swap would in the end, just to keep a quarter million mile antique alive another year. On to an engine with 40k miles that's about to get resealed and belted and put down 200 horse.

When I sold my "TRUCK".I really missed it. I treat my Supra like a truck.
    Hauling dirt and 8' 2X4's and propane and beers and Mt. Dews. No logs and bricks and branches. Diffs,though!
    I miss my truck!

'71 Ford Ranchero with a big block.
    Towards the end of it's life,it got 20-50 oil to leak on the road ways.
    I have no place to park a truck. Yes,it would be a Toyota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Some lucky soul will find the elusive igniter and vacuum distributor useful.

I'm looking at a Toyota 2GR FSE V6 for the truck. VVTi is cool, so are common engines that get close to 300 ft lbs and top 30 mpg.

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Found and bought the JZ bellhousing I need. Just so happens to be attached to a W58, for $10 less than what aftermarket bellhousings are going for.

CelicaSupra.com Member SupraFiend's Avatar
    On sunday I installed a child safety anchor in the hatch area of my beater 85 mk2 and installed my sons new forward facing car seat in it. Can take the little dude for some proper donuts now! He loves riding in the supra, beats the crap out of the family corolla lol.
    Black 86 mk2 Project Car
    New SDR 86 mk2 Daily User, Highway Cruiser AND Parking Lot Abuser in the works!

Started wiring where I left off, after a three month vacation.

Seems much more difficult now!

I finished cleaning the blower motor and the ducts yesterday. I am currently waiting for a new blower motor resistor and i thought it would be a good idea to take the opportunity to clean up a bit. It sure was dirty in there!
    There was a huge pile of pine needles and sand blasting medium on the heater and in the ducts. Feels a bit more fresh now when turning on the blower

CelicaSupra.com Member
    I fully committed to my 1JZ swap, by way of mailing off the 5MGE igniter and vacuum distributor, never to run again.

And that's kinda cool. It was a good machine, but modernity beckons.

Installed a new clutch master cylinder today It is manufactured by a Italian company named Lpr. Dont know if the quality is good but it sure was a lot cheaper than the stock they claimed to be able to get a hold of.
    Not a very ergonomic position to squeeze in under the dash to install it but it went pretty well all in all. Come to think of it the cylinder had been leaking a bit since i bought the car some 16 years ago so it was a jobb well overdue

Thread Information