What did you do to your Supra today? - Page 307
Page 307 of 307 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307
Results 3,061 to 3,069 of 3069
    Wiring is all done. ECU powers up and reads fine. Moving onto putting the interior back together, radiator, see if the oil cooler I am using will fit (I doubt it).
    Built 1JZ-GTE, PTE 6466, PGS Dog Box R-154, Pro-EFI 128, Nitrous, Flex Fuel, Headgames "R" cylinder head, SPF1 manifold, Hypertune, so much more...
    1983 Supra
    Jeffrey Rainwater

2. Remove Advertisements
    CelicaSupra.com
    Advertisements

Took her out yesterday for a couple of hours. There's a meet coming up at the Hoonigan Donut Garage, and I thought it was yesterday. Turns out it's NEXT Saturday.

Oh, well, got the cobwebs blown out, and had a nice drive!

- Jim
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Not today, but moved her to her new home (less than two-miles from my residence), along with my other cars. The place I stored the cars since late 2011 was purchased by a national public storage company. They promptly raised the rent and, in less than a year (effective on April Fool's Day), they raised it again. Fortunately, I was able to secure five units (four cars; one unit for all my parts) nearby for, essentially, the same price I was paying for three units at the old place. Using only my 4Runner, it took me four days to organize my parts, label them and move them to the new facility, but the cars are all good and Bella is nestling contentedly in her new home.

Ken.
    1985 Toyota P-Type Celica Supra 5MT
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo; 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo; 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo; 2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

You're going to that Jim?? I really wanted to make my way down there! Hopefully I can get the Supra running by then, if not I'll just take the wagon \_(ツ)_/

Oil change using Penzoil Platinum 10W-30. NO filter. Most of the oil inside leaks down,anyway.
    Takes me about 40 minutes.Jack up drivers side,jack stand,drain pan,quik-valve,5 quarts out,5 in.Recycle used oil at the curb for pick up tomorrow.

Next is diff fluid change.Heater core is partly plugged.Transmission fluid and filter done last month.
    Drive to my remodel side job tomorrow .Arlington,WA on Friday to see Ray.
    Dave in Seattle. I keep LATE hours.Hidden Content
    '84 type "L" ,Auto ,daily driver. Dk blue.

I put oil in the motor, put the intake manifold on, ran the vacuum hoses, hooked up all the sensors, am about to crank it to get oil pressure, and quite possibly a first start up.
    Built 1JZ-GTE, PTE 6466, PGS Dog Box R-154, Pro-EFI 128, Nitrous, Flex Fuel, Headgames "R" cylinder head, SPF1 manifold, Hypertune, so much more...
    1983 Supra
    Jeffrey Rainwater

Quote Originally Posted by hoodratrace View Post
    you're going to that jim?? I really wanted to make my way down there! Hopefully i can get the supra running by then, if not i'll just take the wagon \_(ツ)_/
    c'mon down!!
    1985 5-speed "Ms. Swan"

OH, What A Feeling!

CelicaSupra.com Member
    Quote Originally Posted by racerxj220 View Post
    I put oil in the motor, put the intake manifold on, ran the vacuum hoses, hooked up all the sensors, am about to crank it to get oil pressure, and quite possibly a first start up.
    Getting close, Jeff. Just an incredible amount of work you've accomplished. Should be an amazing end result.

Ken.
    1985 Toyota P-Type Celica Supra 5MT
    1993.5 Toyota Supra Turbo; 1994 Toyota Supra Turbo; 1995 Toyota Supra Turbo
    1991 Toyota Supra Turbo; 2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited V8
    2010 Lexus IS-F
    2016 Lexus IS 350 F Sport

I really have enjoyed researching and building this car with my own hands. At this point, it doesn't matter what chassis it went into. Just the satisfaction, which was all I was ever after.

Thank you for the advice and suggestions, Ken. There's a lot of people I owe recognition and fair gratitude towards, having helped me along the way. A great many of them on this forum I've praised.

Some of the interior is back together. I've been cranking the motor without plugs to get oil pressure. I'm giving the starter and battery a break. It's a smaller relocated battery. I didn't even try that much today, as I would like this starter to last a while. I'll try again tomorrow.

EDIT: So I went back out and cranked the car with the oil filter off. Got oil pressure immediately.

Decided it was time to get the driver's seat in, and I also installed the Stillway Shifter. I stopped because I need C-ring pliers.

Last edited by racerxj220; 04-21-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Thread Information