Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A/C Removal

A/C Removal

i want to remove ALL components of the A/C except i cant make ANY sense of what the tsrm online manual says, it has nothing for removal just all installation and troubleshooting

if anyone knows where i can find a diagram or map with all A/C components and what not i would be so greatfull

Also is there any cons. of removing?? is it just unbolt and done...
    and please don't reply (just remove the belt) i want to do it properly..

thanks in advance!!!
    1984 Celica Supra - black - sunroof - 1uz project.
    1987 Suzuki Samurai - long wheel base - flat deck project - fully locked chromolly axles w/ 3 inch lift

I just removed anything related to the ac. I like the look, and it's a lot easier to work on things now.
    '82 Supra L, '85 Supra P, '95 Lexus SC400

Quote Originally Posted by celica fanatic View Post
    I just removed anything related to the ac. I like the look, and it's a lot easier to work on things now.
    you've got that right. once that stuff is gone the oil filter can be removed easily from up top.

as far as removal is concerned, make sure you let all the freon out before taking the compressor out. it's illegal to let it out in the air but getting caught is all you've really got to worry about.

Tom - 83 P-Type, 5 spd, Terra Cotta, 108K, Chicago
    97 528i, 75k
    91 CRX.Si..114K
    84 Supra.P.125k..sold

what about the thing infront of my rad the size of my rad is that part of the A/C system????
    1987 Suzuki Samurai - long wheel base - flat deck project - fully locked chromolly axles w/ 3 inch lift

hahahaha...
    oh wait i found it on the map thanks for the link and picture u guys rule!!!

Minor warning, do NOT remove the electrical sensor just inboard of the AC receiver/dryer (by the radiator) as it is also part of the heating system. Remove it and you will not have heat (seeing you are in Canada, figure you might want that).

Only saying that because there have been several cases of folks pulling it with the AC system.

Also, unless you are making a race car, disassembling the dash to pull the cabin portion isn't worth the effort and risks damaging your heater core.
    84P - Primer (faded Lt Blue Metallic) - bought March 5, 1984 83P Auto Daily Driver - Gunmetal Grey - acquired Nov 2007 - Recovered from the dead 82L White - ~44,000 miles Garage Queen Original Owners List Under 100K Miles List (starts post 25 - can't update at present)
    [82 Vacuum Line Diagram Coloring Book

what number is it on the map

Quote Originally Posted by CelicaDrifts View Post
    what number is it on the map
    It isn't on the AC system diagram in this thread. But when folks pull the AC system they often remove it (ambient temperature sensor)
    84P - Primer (faded Lt Blue Metallic) - bought March 5, 1984 83P Auto Daily Driver - Gunmetal Grey - acquired Nov 2007 - Recovered from the dead 82L White - ~44,000 miles Garage Queen Original Owners List Under 100K Miles List (starts post 25 - can't update at present)
    [82 Vacuum Line Diagram Coloring Book

i just want to unbolt it from the block
    take out the main lines
    remove the giant thing from in front of my rad...
    and i guess the condenser or compresser??

Thread Information