Toyota Celica Supra Forum banner

A/C Removal

8K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  SilverMk2 
#1 ·
i want to remove ALL components of the A/C except i cant make ANY sense of what the tsrm online manual says, it has nothing for removal just all installation and troubleshooting

if anyone knows where i can find a diagram or map with all A/C components and what not i would be so greatfull

Also is there any cons. of removing?? is it just unbolt and done...
and please don't reply (just remove the belt) i want to do it properly..

thanks in advance!!!

#3 ·
you've got that right. once that stuff is gone the oil filter can be removed easily from up top.

as far as removal is concerned, make sure you let all the freon out before taking the compressor out. it's illegal to let it out in the air but getting caught is all you've really got to worry about.

#14 ·
Yes it is. It's connected to the AC stuff, right. It lightens your car.

#7 ·
Minor warning, do NOT remove the electrical sensor just inboard of the AC receiver/dryer (by the radiator) as it is also part of the heating system. Remove it and you will not have heat (seeing you are in Canada, figure you might want that).

Only saying that because there have been several cases of folks pulling it with the AC system.

Also, unless you are making a race car, disassembling the dash to pull the cabin portion isn't worth the effort and risks damaging your heater core.

#9 ·
It isn't on the AC system diagram in this thread. But when folks pull the AC system they often remove it (ambient temperature sensor)

#10 ·
i just want to unbolt it from the block
take out the main lines
remove the giant thing from in front of my rad...
and i guess the condenser or compresser??

#11 ·
well i took off the ac and it was genrally easy,
but i did somthin i never done yet.
i was torquing off a bolt and hit my thumb on a bolt and every thread on the bolt cut into my thumb

#13 ·
Ouch, but it happens. Removing the AC components lightens the front end, cleans up the engine bay and makes it easier to work on your car.

#17 ·
You are the man. A picture is a thousand words!

#16 ·
hotred!!!!!!
you da man!!!
i actually kinda assumed that was it but didnt know so i kept it anyways.
plus i like where u mounted it im gona do the same!

it really is a heavy ass pile of crap seeing as i drive with my windows down and i got a sunroof

got lots of room in the front part of the engine bay now!!!

gona save up now and mount a thermostatic oil cooler where that cooler used to be, allso gona re-locate oil filter to front too and a BIG one!!!

#18 ·
Is there any way that picture of the Ambient Air Sensor could be re-uploaded? It isn't showing up for me and I am going to be removing my A/C system in the very near future and I would like to see what this thing is.

Thanks!

#19 ·
It looks like a small cigar and has 2 wires coming from it to a socket about 2" from it's base. It's attached to the AC fan frame.

I just bolted it to the core support.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.